Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-18-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
Beautiful!!! How will you stencil the logo??

Texas Jan
I am cutting my own stencil. Copy the Singer logo from another case. Just using brilliant gold paint and a stencil brush with a little shellac over it to protect it and it looks just like the original Glenn
Old 05-18-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Glenn, what is the make of your machine? 66 15
It is a Blackside 128
Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Would this work on my 1924 ... 99 sewing machine?

Singer Foot Controller

Three hole on plug

Label on Back states:
volts 95-145
Part No. 194584

Good used condition
On Ebay .... 5 days left 2 bids price @ $10.50
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-198847.jpe
Views:	270
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	198853  
Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 PM

I have a question of my 99... it is from 1924, and I don't see the stitch lever on mine. Did they not have stitch lengths back then?? I have a picture to post for you to see.
Rose, the knob just above the badge is the stitch length adjust, screw it clockwise(in) for longer stitch and counterclockwise to make stitch smaller Glenn
Old 05-18-2011, 03:37 PM

[quote=Glenn]
I have a question of my 99... it is from 1924, and I don't see the stitch lever on mine. Did they not have stitch lengths back then?? I have a picture to post for you to see.
Rose, the knob just above the badge is the stitch length adjust, screw it clockwise(in) for longer stitch and counterclockwise to make stitch smaller Glenn[/quot]

:) :) Thanks so much Glenn. I don't have a book on how to use this machine. The manual that I have seen online shows the 99 with a lever.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
Wow! You really do have a gift for refinishing cases etc
Great job!
Jan on 446
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Rose, the knob just above the badge is the stitch length adjust, screw it clockwise(in) for longer stitch and counterclockwise to make stitch smaller Glenn
Thanks, Glenn....I have the same machine and was wondering about that knob!!!! It pays to read the updates on these vintage machine pages!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:46 PM

I am cutting my own stencil. Copy the Singer logo from another case. Just using brilliant gold paint and a stencil brush with a little shellac over it to protect it and it looks just like the original Glenn[/quote]

Ah--I see. Please post when you get it done.

Texas Jan
Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Just lovely Glenn! I have a case like that to my latest ...99 it is in need of work. someone I think pried the case off and I am thinking I will have to get some hindge like closures to fix it. I will post a picture of it soon. The 99 is posted a page back. It needs some parts. Hoping she works!
Rose, take a pic of the under side of the top so I can see the front and back hardware so I can check out the damage. I don't know why people pry the case open when a small flat head screwdriver will unlock the case. Glenn
Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I am cutting my own stencil. Copy the Singer logo from another case. Just using brilliant gold paint and a stencil brush with a little shellac over it to protect it and it looks just like the original Glenn
Ah--I see. Please post when you get it done.

Texas Jan[/quote]

Jan I will do that but after all the storm clean up my wife and I are going camping for a week, leaving on Friday and will post when I get back. Just need to get away and rest. Glenn