Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
Just lovely Glenn! I have a case like that to my latest ...99 it is in need of work. someone I think pried the case off and I am thinking I will have to get some hindge like closures to fix it. I will post a picture of it soon. The 99 is posted a page back. It needs some parts. Hoping she works!
Rose, take a pic of the under side of the top so I can see the front and back hardware so I can check out the damage. I don't know why people pry the case open when a small flat head screwdriver will unlock the case. Glenn
Ok Glenn, I will take a picture in few minutes and post here!
The locking hardware looks good but do need some wood and veneer repair. The left plate has been broken and needs to be replaced. Now where to find one is another thing. I will do some research and see what I can find. Billy may have a source. The top is okay except for the wood repairs. I have seen empty cases for sale on Ebay. Let me seed what I can do. Glenn
Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by miriam
Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming.
Thanks
It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far
Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.
looks a lot like a buttonholer
So if I had that attachment I would be able to attach it to any machine?
The 500 is a slant-o-matic so needs a slant-o-matic monogramer or buttonholer or any other foot
Old 05-18-2011, 04:47 PM

The locking hardware looks good but do need some wood and veneer repair. The left plate has been broken and needs to be replaced. Now where to find one is another thing. I will do some research and see what I can find. Billy may have a source. The top is okay except for the wood repairs. I have seen empty cases for sale on Ebay. Let me seed what I can do. Glenn
Thanks a bunch Glenn. I was thinking if all else fails, I can have latch type closures put on it.

Sharon
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Thanks
It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far
Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.
The 500 is a slant-o-matic so needs a slant-o-matic monogramer or buttonholer or any other foot

miriam, thank you so much for the quick info. I was going to bid on the machine because I thought it had the monogramer built in. So now I will just look for the attachment. I have a 301 and and 403 which I could use it on. Again thanks for the quick response.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Thanks

miriam, thank you so much for the quick info. I was going to bid on the machine because I thought it had the monogramer built in. So now I will just look for the attachment. I have a 301 and and 403 which I could use it on. Again thanks for the quick response.
you have good taste - I LOVE my 403 and the monogrammer should work on it. I had trouble with it and found out it needs a different throat plate - you need the kind that is a T shape - it come with older buttonholers - I haven't had time to get back with it - the one that came with the 'professional buttonholer' doesn't work as well as the old T shape throat plate cover
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
A link showing my new "lady" before and after... :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-123819-1.htm#3272086
Your "Anne" is lovely. Glad to see you back..I was used to reading your posts when I was a total new person. Nice to hear from you now!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Would this work on my 1924 ... 99 sewing machine?

Singer Foot Controller

Three hole on plug

Label on Back states:
volts 95-145
Part No. 194584

Good used condition
On Ebay .... 5 days left 2 bids price @ $10.50
That should work with your machine Rose... My 99 is nearly like it, but has a knee lever so the foot pedal part wouldn't work with mine...
If you buy it and it doesn't work, let me know!! ;)

OMGosh... my hubby is my enabler and I can live with this. Really. :-)
We just got home from the local Goodwill shop with a bunch of toys for DGS and a new toy for me...
A Domestic-
Model# 264R Serial#6246
and is in absolutely pristine condition, even the cords look new on this thing. It has 'J-C9', 'J-A23', 'E 5' all stamped into the underneath. And 'W Z6' on the side underneath. I have no ideal what any of these mean other than it was made in Japan, as it says that right on the back plate. LoL!

It is 2-tone, grey with white and came with a baggie full of bobbins. Only has the one foot and I think it is just the straight stitch foot but looks like some of my old White feet may fit. The bobbin is fully intact as well. I haven't tried anything yet, still trying to find some info on it.

I tell ya what though, this dadgum thing is HEAVY!!! I bout fell over when I reached down to pick it up, I was not expecting that much weight in this box. I will try to get some pics up here in a bit.

Originally Posted by JaneK

Your "Anne" is lovely. Glad to see you back..I was used to reading your posts when I was a total new person. Nice to hear from you now!
Thanks Jane (and everyone!) :)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM

She is pretty, we miss you around the shop.