Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Sounds like you all had a good day again today. I love all the support I hear for each other. Missy you will do very well. You have a few more days so hang in there and don't get to up tight about the last few pounds. Just keep up the routine you've been doing. I do the same when I have to weigh myself. I try to wear the same thing and do it at the same time of day.
I am 5.3 and my goal is 135 but if I get to the right size I don't care about reaching a set pound amount. I have gone from a tight 16 to a tight 12 in some things so more needs to come off.
Today was not a very good eating day. My BIL took DH and I to McD's for breakfast and then we went to another place for lunch. All I wanted to do was eat at home and have my tuna and salad for lunch.
Then dinner was leftovers of roast and scalloped potatoes Not A Good Day. Tomorrow will be better. BIL went home this afternoon so I can get back to my routine. Don't think I will get on the scales for a couple of days. I don't want to see the scales up and wipe out what I have lost so far this month. Not enough to win FQ's but thats not the reason I joined this group. I already have my FQ for the winner and Missy . It's late so I'm off to bed. I'll try to get on tomorrow and check in with you all.
Hugs to all
Gail
I totally understand how the change of routine can effect our eating habits. It can be hard but now that your BIL is gone you can get back to all the great eating patterns that you have put in your life.

Hang in there! Thank you so much for always being so supportive of me in this journey I am on.

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good Morning everyone! Well yesterday went pretty good. According to Myfitnesspal.com food diary I didn't eat enough so I guess I'm going to have to pay closer attention. I got in my goal exercise and it felt so good. I used to hate any form of exercise but since I've been swimming I love it.

I used to tell people that I didn't care what I weighed as long as I could fit into a certain size but now I find it does matter to me so I'll stick with my food plan and exercise goals and pray for weight loss.

Missy, your such an inspiration. I love your posts. My prayers will be with you all the way through. I wish you could talk to my friend - she is morbidly obese and has several major health problems. Yesterday during swimming she almost feinted and her husband took her to the hospital. They think her pacemaker is malfunctioning. They let her come home for the night with a heart moniter but she has to go back to the hospital pacemaker clinic this morning for more tests. The doctors have tried to talk her into weight loss surgery but she is refusing. I worry about her.

My goals for today:
Stay under 1200 calories
Lap swim for 30 minutes
Walk 1 mile

Have a good day everyone. I will check in later to let you know how I'm doing on my goals and see how everyone else is doing.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she makes a decision to do what would be best for her health. It takes a ton of work to get started on this weight loss journey but it is soo worth it. I will pray for your friend that she is able to see that she needs to do what she can for her health.

I am so so happy that I have come to know all of you and that you have been such a huge support system for me! Thank you!!

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 AM

Good Morning All

I'll have my girls in 8 days and I'm feeling spastic! Went for my walk and lugged my camera today because I found a really nice sight since I've expanded my walk. Thought I'd share a pic of what I saw.

I still can't bring myself to eat much. I made myself a portion of oatmeal and had to force myself to eat half of it. If this keeps up, I think I might have to buy myself some slimfast shakes so I can at least get some nutrients in. I've been stocking up for the girls so I now have junk food in the house but even that doesn't look or sound appetizing. Never thought I'd see the day where I have to force myself to eat.

Well, got a long list of things to get done today, so I'm off!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-199026.jpe
Views:	74
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	199032  
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
Good Morning All

I'll have my girls in 8 days and I'm feeling spastic! Went for my walk and lugged my camera today because I found a really nice sight since I've expanded my walk. Thought I'd share a pic of what I saw.

I still can't bring myself to eat much. I made myself a portion of oatmeal and had to force myself to eat half of it. If this keeps up, I think I might have to buy myself some slimfast shakes so I can at least get some nutrients in. I've been stocking up for the girls so I now have junk food in the house but even that doesn't look or sound appetizing. Never thought I'd see the day where I have to force myself to eat.

Well, got a long list of things to get done today, so I'm off!
That is a GREAT photo. I love it!

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 AM

I love the photo and ya'll are doing so wonderfully!

What is the most important thing on your mind right now? Quick, what is your flash response? If it wasn't, "take good care of ME," then you need to re-focus.

I AM MY #1 PRIORITY. I MATTER.

Say this to yourself every hour today. Then tell me how your day goes.

I AM MY #1 PRIORITY. I MATTER.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Good morning everyone. I love coming on here and reading everyone's posts. The encouragement, inspiration, motivation and well wishes everyone gives is such a boost to me. I am glad we have each other to go through this weight loss journey/venture with. It means so much to me, to have all of you to lean on. Thank you all for being here and for your input. It keeps me going. I hope you all have a good day of making healthy choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy (PS. I've lost another 0.8 lbs. I will be at 25 lb loss VERY SOON. yeah me!!)
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Good job Sandy
Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Good morning everyone. I love coming on here and reading everyone's posts. The encouragement, inspiration, motivation and well wishes everyone gives is such a boost to me. I am glad we have each other to go through this weight loss journey/venture with. It means so much to me, to have all of you to lean on. Thank you all for being here and for your input. It keeps me going. I hope you all have a good day of making healthy choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy (PS. I've lost another 0.8 lbs. I will be at 25 lb loss VERY SOON. yeah me!!)
YAY!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!!

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by NannySandy
YAY!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!!

Missy
Me too!That's wonderful news.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
The last two days I have really fallen off of the wagon. Completely sabotaged myself. Probably gained the pounds I lost. Oh well. I am not complaining and I am taking full responsibility for my actions. I shouldn't let my personal problems get in my way of getting myself back into shape.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
So,how are you doing?Been thinking about you.Thought we better check in on you.I bet your doing great.I'm still chipping away at mine.Did finely get that 15 pounds off.Wasn't easy,but stuck with it.My hubby likes candy,chocolate,cookies.So I but Kisses,cause he likes them,and I don't.If I buy the bars,I'd be in them all the time,just can't help myself,So,this way,I stay on track.And he asked where the desert was the other night,I said "what desert"?He said "Oh".Guess I'll have to get him something I won't eat.LOL!.Anyway,let us know how it's going.We can't leave any "weight soldiers" behind.I know your probably doing good.Cause you've been doing good.If not,let us know so we can help and cheer you on.We are a team and need one another.Besides,I miss your posts.