Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Laminate floor in sewing room >

Laminate floor in sewing room

Laminate floor in sewing room

Old 05-20-2011, 05:44 AM

I have laminate in my sewing room also. I used to have carpet but my chair wouldn't move across the room to we so I had DH put in laminate then it got so fast I almost tipped my chair over, so what I did is I put one of those plastic office chair mats on the floor under my chair, so that when I use the floor pedal I am not going backwards in my chair.
It is easy to clean too. What I do is I put a scrap piece of batting over a broom and use that to clean up the scraps etc. It works great
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 AM

I put Woodarts laminate in my kitchen, dining, and livng room and I loved it. The floor is colder in the winter than carpet and there is some echo, but I used a rug in the center of the living room and it dampened the noise. It is not as hard on your legs as is tile. In our new to us home, there is tile in the kitchn and breakfast area. I had to put down mats in front of the sink and stove as my legs ached if I was doing alot of prep and cooking.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 AM

I have wood lamimate downstairs and the original hardwood floors upstairs. Sewing room is upstairs.Since I bought my spin mop I like my floors a lot better.I would rather have anything other than carpet in my sewing room. Pins and needles in carpet are no fun.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gramily
Am thinking of replacing carpet in my sewing room with laminate. if you have laminate, do you like it and what brand do you have? Thanks Emily
love your avatar, do you have a larger pic ?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:54 AM

I have laminate flooring and love it. It is easy to clean and I haven't had any trouble with it. I have a very inexpensive laminate from Home Depot.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:55 AM

For years I admired Pergo flooring in magazines then came the time I bought Pergo's Indian Tigerwood. It's on all of my floors including the kitchen. While it has an attached underlay we added extra underlay and it's like walking on carpet.
With a horseman who's in and out from the barn and stables, to having 2 large Border Collies following me around and also grand kids from time to time, my Pergo floors stand up to what they claim. Easy, easy clean up. So happy I have it throughout my home. :o)
I bought mine from Lowes.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 AM

I have laminate in my kitchen and dining room and there is a heavy oak table on it in the dining room and no sign of dents in flooring no problems . It's so easy to keep clean. Don't know the name of it. Got it at Muptilpe Concepts.

I just replace carpet with the cheapest laminate in my quilt shop from Lowes.....and I'm NOT sorry!!! I love it. It's wood grain. :) :) Now I want to replace the carpet in my sewing room (the 3rd bedroom) in the house, but DH is balking. :)

I have laminate in my kitchen and dining room and there is a heavy oak table on it in the dining room and no sign of dents in flooring no problems . It's so easy to keep clean. Don't know the name of it. Got it at Muptilpe Concepts.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 AM

I have dark "engineered would though out. Love it! Is surviving pets, grand kids, my sewing mess. Can roll my piano easily too!
Easy, quick,easy clean up...bought mine on sale thru Lumber Liquidators. :P :thumbup: