Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Laminate floor in sewing room >

Laminate floor in sewing room

Laminate floor in sewing room

Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM

I have a medium oak laminate floor in my whole house and love it. it has been down for at least 6 yrs now. You don't want to go cheap on laminate because it is very expensive to install. Ours is Wilson Art brand. I ordered online. You can look online. Iwould not buy any from Home DEpot.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:50 PM

We had laminate in the kitchen & dining room and I didn't like it. It was always cold in the winter and it was slippery. The dogs would lose their footing all the time. If I wore socks to keep my feet warm then I would slip too. We had a chinmey fire a couple years ago and the floor got damaged from that so the insurance paid to replace it. Now we have real hardwood and I love it.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 PM

I have wood look laminate in my sewing room, dining room and kitchen. It was a major improvement over the carpet we had. However, I would NEVER get a dark color again!! It shows everything!! Dust, thread, you name it- therefore I have to vacuum EVERY day!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

I have wood type laminate in my sewing room. I like it but hubby was afraid rolling around in my chair might ruin them so he bought a piece of mason board to go on the floor that I roll on. Works like a charm.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM

we just replaced my carpet for laminate and i love it !!!
now when i drop a pin i can find it!!i also liked it so good that we had the living and dining rooms done also!!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM

I have laminate in my clinic and in my livingroom. Love the stuff. I have Pergo and a knockoff. To avoid the noise, I had double base put in.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM

After we had a house fire several years ago, I replaced all the carpeted rooms with laminate flooring. I don't recall the brand, I got it from a salvage store. I have never regretted getting laminate flooring. I don't ever want wall-to-wall carpeting again!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RkayD
We just put some lovely flooring in our 3 front rooms of the house. Its beautiful. Its called TigerWood and we got it at Home Depot. The installers said it was the best flooring they had ever worked with. Usually there is at least one board in each box that is bad..They had 1 board out of all the boxes that was not usuable. They were very impressed and so am I. It doesn't have that laminate sound like some of them do. We put it on concrete..I hear that makes a difference. The name on the box is Legends ~ Diamond finish. Love Love Love it!
Beautiful floors,look like the age hardwood flooring . Love it..
Old 05-20-2011, 03:46 PM

We went with the middle-ranged price of laminate in medium oak. In the hallway and my sewing room we used a "sound proofing" underlayment. In the fabric room and the bedrooms we used just the regular underlayment. We have a big dog that races around and slides on it and it does not scratch. I use Swiffer-Wet on it to clean. I love it!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM

I have Allure Traffic Master flooring. It is only at home depot and it is made so that it can go in basements and laundry rooms as well as main rooms. My contractor put it down over my concrete floor. I went with a light color because my room has no outside windows. Its very resilient, stands up to water - I love it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-199811.jpe
Views:	156
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	199817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-199814.jpe
Views:	154
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	199820