Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
Can anybody tell me something about Elna Lotus SP?
whatsya wanna know?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Deara
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Hello everyone, I need an answer to this question. Will a singer monogramer model 750 fit on any slant needle sewing machine such as a 301 or 402? I have been on the web for hours and can't find an answer. Thank you all very much.
yes - get a T shaped feed dog plate

For those of us still learning the ins and outs of a slant machine (like me), would you be so kind to post a pic of the T shaped feed dog plate. For some reason I just cannot picture what you are describing.

Thank you and blessings to you,
Sandi
I must be having a blonde senior moment.
Sandi, and anyone else interested in the Singer Monogrammer for the slant shank machines. This is it - pictured on the ISMACS site. For my 503a, I had to get the 161825 plate, but I had no trouble finding the right one on e-bay.

Hope the pictures help. http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ttachment.html

Nancy
whoa I was wrong (blush) the monogrammer needs zigzag so won't work on 404 or 301 - should work on 401, 403, 500 or 503 though do look up the feed dog cover (above)
Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 AM

Thanks everyone for the information on the monogramer. I'll be looking for one now. I sew more than quilts so it will come in handy.
Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
Can anybody tell me something about Elna Lotus SP?
whatsya wanna know?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Found this listed on eBay...very interssting machine. Has anyone heard of this company??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Rare-State-...=item20b9622d5
Now that is a 15 clone! See where the tension disk is located on the front of the machine! Just looking at that machine I would say "made in Japan - 15 clone," but it says it was made in NY? Interesting, I never heard of a 'State' company. I calculated the shipping to California and it would be $45 - so that machine is heavy! It almost looks like a 99 with a 15 tension disk.

Nancy
Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Thanks everyone for the information on the monogramer. I'll be looking for one now. I sew more than quilts so it will come in handy.
Thanks again.
Trish it is nice to put your initials on your projects for the future generations! I always put my name/initials and year on my quilts/projects just so the kids will know I made those things. Besides, they have quilts from the 1700's - it is amazing that our projects will outlive us - so for posterity it is nice to have a date and name/initials on each project!

Nancy
Old 05-21-2011, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Found this listed on eBay...very interssting machine. Has anyone heard of this company??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Rare-State-...=item20b9622d5
Now that is a 15 clone! See where the tension disk is located on the front of the machine! Just looking at that machine I would say "made in Japan - 15 clone," but it says it was made in NY? Interesting, I never heard of a 'State' company. I calculated the shipping to California and it would be $45 - so that machine is heavy! It almost looks like a 99 with a 15 tension disk.

Nancy
did you see the FW on that same auction? It has a free arm!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
My new Brother machine does all that fancy stuff, though, so....DH is probably going to nix the "buy another machine" idea. He already doesn't understand why I "need" the 5 I have!! LOL

My husband asked me why I "need" a 3/4 size machine, (hadn't yet told him I want one that does the decorative stitches too) - said something about how I can only use one at a time anyway. I reminded him he can only drive one truck at a time - and since he just bought another one... I figure his trucks cost 20x what my machines do - and take up a whole lot more space.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM

I have a white featherweight that is missing the red S badge. Is it possible to get a replacement for it?

Nancy
Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 AM

I am looking at a Kenmore 158.1503 on ebay. Right now with shipping it's at about $75. Looks to be in decent shape, and has a few cams included. Does this seem reasonable (considering I'm in the middle of nowhere and shipping is $44)? And, is it possible to buy other cams to get more stitches?