Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:46 AM

I love my Feather Weight! I got her in 2004 at a city wide garage sale. Best purchase ever! We lived in our Motor Home for three years while waiting for the house to be built. She was a wonderful companion in the small space. Also, she goes with me to the guild meetings/workshops when sewing is involved. I couldn't manage without her. Bye the way, Lizzie is her name.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 AM

Someone has advertised on in our local paper for $375. I didn't call becuase I just can't see spending that right now. How would I know if its a 221 or 222 by looking?
I really want one but the check book said no. LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 AM

Ii have my grandmother's. It is in the original cSe and the attachments are even in the original brown paper bag! I had it serviced in 1981 because the tag is still on it. I took it out a few months ago and it still works. I have not used it yet. I saw a class about them in June . I will take it and then put it to good use.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Those are awesome sewing machines. Maybe start a new thread to see who all have slant shank Singer 301s. They are the big sister to the Feather Weights. Many people are now starting to look for them.

Originally Posted by cctx.
I have a 301A Long bed, did I make the grade.....?
I broke down and bought the slant shank 301a Friday. Hopefully today I will make some time to play!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:04 AM

I have one my DD gave me as a gift about 3 years ago, she makes perfect stitches and travels great.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:06 AM

I bought mine on CL last August as an early birthday present. She had one previous owner and everything was there except the oil can and the bobbins. There was one in the machine. It had belonged to their mom who now has dementia and they were selling some of her stuff. She had used it for sewing her girl's little tutus when they were in dance class. They wrote down the lady's name and where she was purchased so I would have the history of it. The machine is a 1947. I pd $250 for her. Would like another if it was different than mine or a real steal, otherwise I'll stick with my little black FW. It sews great!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:06 AM

I bought mine last year from ebay for $247. It's Black and in perfect condition, runs like a dream !!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:08 AM

I have one my DD gave me as a gift 3 or 4 years ago, sews like a dream and travels great.
Jessie
sorry about the double post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:09 AM

I have two - 1946 and 1947 (my birth year). They are both black, and run like a dream...every time I see one anywhere, I just want to take it home with me (but I resist now :-) Want to take that maintenance class some time soon.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:29 AM

I got Bella recently on Ebay. I will need to replace the wiring in the foot peddle but other than that she runs beautifully. I told my husband that the sound of her is like the Harley Davidson purr is to a biker. I would love to get a little sister for her.