Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:56 AM

I have a very nice one that my DH bought me as an anniversary gift several years ago. She sews beautifully and is so easy to carry when I go quilting.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:05 AM

Got mine when DH mother passed. It is well used and not as pretty as some I see here, but it was lovingly(?) and well used.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:06 AM

Oh...Took mine to shop for cleaning and that is a WHOLE nother story. Will tell that one of these days.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 AM

My wife and I have “his & hers” Featherweights. Hers is a 1952 model (his birth year), and his is a 1957 model (her birth year). Hers is named “Feather” (not all that original, but we know which one we’re talking about), and his is named “Hurkie” (as in Hurricane - came from Mississippi, and had been submerged in water for a while).

CD in Oklahoma

Her 1952 "Feather"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200440[/ATTACH]

His 1957 "Hurkie"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200441[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-200434.jpe
Views:	327
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	200440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-200435.jpe
Views:	299
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	200441  
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 AM

I am a new Featherweight owner - received "Fanci" just last week. 221 made in 1949. Please include me in the club!!! 8-)
Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Yes, I am the proud owner of a Featherweight, born the same year as me, 1941. Have only had it a short while and I bought it from a Quilting Board member. She is in good condition, didn't cost an arm and a leg, and I have had her serviced by a very good technician. My AUGUST purrs like a kitten and my trusty Bernina 1031 slipped a gear about a week before I purchased my Featherweight, so I have been piecing my quilt tops on August. I need a 1/4" foot if anyone has a spare, please let me know.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 AM

I bought one off of Craig's list. She was born in 1948 and has tons of attachments. Have not figured her out totally yet but we will get there.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Originally Posted by cctx.
I have a 301A Long bed, did I make the grade.....?
I would love to have a 301 long bed. I have a short bed 301 and love it, but they are not quite the same as the little featherweight machine.
Can't wait to see my new 301. Saw it listed on CL this week while I was still in the hospital with a knee replacement. E-mailed the seller, and a friend, multiple times. Finally received a message from the friend saying, "Got It!" Seller wrote back saying that he was a good friend to me, as he made sure it worked, had all necessary parts and everything. The upper part of the body is doing a happy dance, the lower bod has to wait a spell.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Oh, she is outstanding! I would love a beautiful featherweight but I think they must be like finding a needle in a haystack where I live. There are none in the classifieds, or Craiglist, and I'm not so good with ebay (I forget to check it). So, I guess I will just watch all of you and admire your beauties.! Thanks!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 AM

I am a proud Mama of 4 FWs. The first one was purchased maybe 30 years ago for $175 - no attachments, no case - just the basics - felt very lucky. She needs a trip to the hospital for a littloe check-up. The second one is white/mint that I purchased from a friend just a few year ago. Beautiful and sews like a dream - no surprise there. Third is s beutiful 222 I picked up in Pigeon Forge a couplel years ago from am wonderful man who comes to shows from MO. I told my friends to drag me away from th red ones- which they did butn them directed me to this terrific 222 - good price so she came home. Just this last March I ran into the same man at the AQS Lancaster show - and there was another red FW - my dream machine, although the medium purple one caught my eye, too. I walked away to think about it - if she was still there when I was ready to leave then she was mine. Lucy came home with a few extras I added - feet, bobbins andn a 1/4 inch foot for my 301 long bed (tan).

I'm thinking of trading in my first purchase on something from near Sep 1, 1947 if I can find one (my BD). I've read that the ones from 1947 are hard to find. We have a local guy who vends at shows sand is also a repairman so I'm going to check with him in June when In see him at as local show. He also vends at one of my guild's shows but that isn't until Sep 2011.

I'll try to get all the girls out and take some pictures one of these days.

Thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC