Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM

I have just finished reading all 1088 pages!!!! It took me about a month. So much information.
debbie
Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 PM

[quote=QuiltnCowgirl]
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
While browsing in an antique shop today I came across some Singer buttonholers. Both are complete sets, including manuals. One has the Singer Brand on it, it's manual has a 1948 copyright, and it is priced at $7.50. The second one is in a Singer case, has a manual distributed by Singer, a 1956 copyright, but the brand name on the buttonholer & manual is Griest. It's price is $15.00.

What I'm wondering is if either one of these will work for my Featherweight and/or 15-91? If yes, which one would you get?

Anyone know anything about Singer Buttonholers????
Griest made great attachments. I have both buttonholers and couldn't tell ya which one is better - they are both great. If they are cheap enough why not get them both, that way you can test them out and let us know what you think?

Nancy
Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by debbiewi
I have just finished reading all 1088 pages!!!! It took me about a month. So much information.
debbie
Wow, I am impressed! I started with this qroup right after the shop was formed, I can't imagine starting now and trying to read all 1088 pages!

Nancy
Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by lyndajean
This belonged to my great aunt and it was given to me when she passed away over 20yrs ago. Back then I had no interest in sewing. I just took her out, and thanks to some help from Billy she is up and running! Thanks again Billy, here she is!
Wow! Is that a 401? I can't quite read the model number -- congratulations, great machine!

Nancy
Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
This belonged to my great aunt and it was given to me when she passed away over 20yrs ago. Back then I had no interest in sewing. I just took her out, and thanks to some help from Billy she is up and running! Thanks again Billy, here she is!
Wow! Is that a 401? I can't quite read the model number -- congratulations, great machine!

Nancy
Yes it is a 401A. Thanks, I could kick myself for not learning to sew years ago! Both my great aunt and my grandmother were excellent seamstresses! (my grandmother is 94!)
Old 05-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Is there anyone here who can help me with any information about this machine....Dressmaker 302L...somehow it ended up in my car while it was parked at the auction house this weekend.... :roll:

sorry-I forgot to rotate this before I sent it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200799[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-200792.jpe
Views:	632
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	200798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-200793.jpe
Views:	155
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	200799  
Old 05-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by debbiewi
debbie
Congratulations! Took me a few weeks to get halfway through and just gave up. Too many different conversations to try and keep track of.

So now the question is....do you remember any of it?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:46 PM

I have her twin setting in my dining looking just like that, aren't they pretty?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
I have her twin setting in my dining looking just like that, are they pretty?
:lol:
Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy, hope I didn't state it wrong... I think you deserve a break! Big time! And, I am so sorry to learn of your daughter's home and five feet of water. I cannot even imagine dealing with that. I will be praying for her and all that it must mean in terms of loss.

IT's me, who has been playing too much being on the Board. And, I need to slow down and get stuff done.

Take care. You know we all love it when you are able to show up. Seems like you have had several plates FULL, of late. May the Lord turn things around for you and your loved ones, soon. :-D
I know you kidding, its just I have been up to my armpits in work. Every time I turn around I have something to work on or a catastrophe to deal with. Its getting to the point that I am so tired that all I do is answer my PM's and go to bed. I have quite a few of my machines I have not even touched because of everything else that I have to do. I just put them in the garage and eventually I will get to them. I think I have 4 or 5 treadles in the 1800's that are waiting for me to refurbish and put into my collection.

But I am not complaining yet, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Billy