Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness >

Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness

Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness

Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by zipit
I have made purchases on Etsy but it was a seller known to me. Now that she has her cart up and running on her site, I purhcase there.
What do you mean "has her cart up and running"?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:04 PM

I have bought a few items from Etsy...very unique items...found by typing in what I am looking for in the search box...my favorite item is a silver necklace I got when I typed in blue sunflower...and I have gotten so many compliments on it....a one of a kind piece. Also can get craft supplies in bulk at a good price. I keep thinking of starting up an etsy account, but I know it takes a lot of work, and time, and that seems to be something I just don't have enough of working full time. Maybe someday.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 PM

Excellent topic. I have purchased fabric and labels on Etsy. I didn't find them more costly. The labels are very hard to find so if I paid a little extra, it's okay. I am like many here thinking of opening my Etsy shop, the amount of work to do it discourages me. I have also looked at BigCartel where you can list 5 items free and then it's a monthly fee. Artfire runs a similar program. I would be selling my quilted gift items.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Originally Posted by zipit
I have made purchases on Etsy but it was a seller known to me. Now that she has her cart up and running on her site, I purhcase there.
What do you mean "has her cart up and running"?
that means she has a shopping cart and REAL check out system in place instead of phoning your order in or emailing it..
Old 05-23-2011, 03:01 AM

I don't really look at Ebay and Etsy as being the same. To me Ebay is like a giant yard sale, I buy a lot of supplies there, but I've also been ripped off. When I want something unique, I go to Etsy, the people there are wonderful (so far). I have bought some supplies there, but sometimes the prices are too high for what I want.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 AM

I like to look at Etsy for inspiration only. Find it hard to navigate (overwhelming # of responses to search request). If I don't "heart" something, I can't ever find it again. Think it's a good idea but not user friendly at all. Have only bought one item there.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 AM

I have bougth there...lovely stuff. It can be a little pricy but there are unusual things to be had
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 AM

I just opened a shop on Etsy called
Maryquilter. I sold 2 table runners so far. Go to Esty.com and type in Maryquilter
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 AM

I have bought a few quilting type items. All went well, and received the product quickly too. Like eBay, it is the feedbacks on the seller you look for. I am tending to be more caustous for some reason on both eBay and etsy ... will not even LOOk at Craigslist.

Just my own thought tho
Julie
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 AM

I have bought several things from esty stores fabric etc the ones Ive used were wonderful. I think you can check their ratings. DEB