Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Looks like I put the wrong numbers into the calculator, we have had 90 people tell me that they received their package and 157 people signed up so that leaves 67 left!! I can not even think about next month with so many still out there! So if you have got your package and haven't told me, please pm me. You can help me out, if you have mailed and your secret pal has not pm'ed you, send them a pm to see if they have gotten it and remind them to pm me. We need to have alot of people off the bench before we can start sign ups for June.
I've been participating in this swap for and entire year and I CANNOT BELIEVE that there are 67 people who haven't sent their packages yet. That's more than 1/3!! The mailing deadline was over a week ago! I sent and received my packages early in the month. So why am I so outraged by this?
Because I believe that signing up for the swap and then not sending your package by the mailing deadline is just irresponsible!!

We have 2 weeks to get the packages out after finding out who our partner is. If you can't get your package out within the alloted time, then DON'T sign up!! It has been such a delight to participate in this swap. I would be very disappointed if it got pulled because people can't follow the rules!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 AM

I agree. We are supposed to be RESPONSIBLE adults. I went back and read some comments from people receiving packages. Some months, they did not know if it was from the current month or the previous month. That is crazy. I am one that is one the bench again. I have not had good luck with swaps. I understand things happen but we all need to follow through with our committment. I have the most fun getting things together to send to my Swap Partner. But it is dissappointing to think you will be receiving something and you don't. Plus by not following through, it puts a burden on the coordinator. This person already has a lot of work to coordinate everything. We should not put an extra burden on them by making them "babysit" us adults. Just wanted to vent.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sustraley
I agree. We are supposed to be RESPONSIBLE adults. I went back and read some comments from people receiving packages. Some months, they did not know if it was from the current month or the previous month. That is crazy. I am one that is one the bench again. I have not had good luck with swaps. I understand things happen but we all need to follow through with our committment. I have the most fun getting things together to send to my Swap Partner. But it is dissappointing to think you will be receiving something and you don't. Plus by not following through, it puts a burden on the coordinator. This person already has a lot of work to coordinate everything. We should not put an extra burden on them by making them "babysit" us adults. Just wanted to vent.
yep...it is amazing...I was 3 days late...but I was waiting on something to arrive that was ordered..and I let the person know that...
in another swap on QB I have been burned twice in a row and will no longer play in that one..in fact I think it was pulled...sadly...as I really enjoyed making items for that swap...
We say the younger generations have NO manners or sense of commitment..but going by the activities on these swaps, I wonder where they learned that from!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:05 AM

I think I was two days late, but my package was delivered in 2 days, but receipt has not been acknowledged as yet. Last month it took my SP almost three weeks to acknoledge receipt of her package. Last month I spent over $13.00 on postage so it would arrive in a timely manner and then waited three weeks for an acknowledgement.

Me, I cannot wait to let my SP know I received their package. I am working on building a gift closet so I can get my packages out sooner instead of having to wait for that monthly check.

Thursday I will be moving back to my homestead, so I will be somewhat out of pocket at times, but still hope to participate on a regular basis.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 AM

I'm not sure which feels worse, not getting a package, or putting together a package and not hearing from the recipient. I have been in both positions, and it is disappointing. But the positives still outweigh the negatives, so I hope we can continue.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 AM

I was so excited to let my sp know I received her package I forgot to pm lori, I did post a picture, hopefully she saw it and was not counting my sp as one who hadn't sent yet. I did send lori a pm last night.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I'm not sure which feels worse, not getting a package, or putting together a package and not hearing from the recipient. I have been in both positions, and it is disappointing. But the positives still outweigh the negatives, so I hope we can continue.
I agree. I have been on the bench multiple times and have received items late in the month. I am still waiting on the bench right now.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 AM

Nancy, I so agree with you.
However, my guess is that many people out of those 67 did get their package, but just didn't let Lori know. I remember Suzanne telling me that many times she would PM people who haven't been marked as got their packages to question and never hear from them, at that point she just checks in with the sender and if they sent out the package, she marks them off.

Lori, I am so sorry some of us are giving you troubles. Please let us know if we can help you.

Originally Posted by grammynan
Looks like I put the wrong numbers into the calculator, we have had 90 people tell me that they received their package and 157 people signed up so that leaves 67 left!! I can not even think about next month with so many still out there! So if you have got your package and haven't told me, please pm me. You can help me out, if you have mailed and your secret pal has not pm'ed you, send them a pm to see if they have gotten it and remind them to pm me. We need to have alot of people off the bench before we can start sign ups for June.
I've been participating in this swap for and entire year and I CANNOT BELIEVE that there are 67 people who haven't sent their packages yet. That's more than 1/3!! The mailing deadline was over a week ago! I sent and received my packages early in the month. So why am I so outraged by this?
Because I believe that signing up for the swap and then not sending your package by the mailing deadline is just irresponsible!!

We have 2 weeks to get the packages out after finding out who our partner is. If you can't get your package out within the alloted time, then DON'T sign up!! It has been such a delight to participate in this swap. I would be very disappointed if it got pulled because people can't follow the rules!!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by grammynan

Grammynan, I agree with you, I've been participating in this swap for nearly a year and I thoroughly enjoy it, but I too get annoyed reading that people have not yet sent their package, I admit mine went out on the last day of the deadline, (I tried to mail earlier but didn't finish homemade item) but I was "on time" within the guidelines. I think all of us can do better, I hate to think that we may lose this priviledge, (after all soon no one will want to host if we keep abusing this priviledge) moderators and hosts are plenty busy WITHOUT having to constantly remind us to do the right thing!!!! That being said I will again say that I received an awesome firmy this month.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 AM

I agree too! This was my first swap ever. I belong to a lot of Yahoo Groups that are always having swaps but I would not join it. The I came to this forum, have not been a member for long. I thought quilters oh yes this will be an exciting and fun swap. I got my package out early and yes she acknowledge that she recieved it. As of yet I still do not have a package and have not heard from anyone they are sending me one. I read the clues on the board and get so so excited when I see something that is being mailed to my area, but I get so letdown after the post carrier leaves. I truly hope that this will continue as even though I have not gotten a package I did enjoy putting one together and mailing out.

I know its a lot of work on Lori and hopefully she can weed out all the bad apples and let us good ones continue on. I would be willing to help you Lori if and when you need some help with everything.

Verna2197