Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machines >

Embroidery machines

Embroidery machines

Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 AM

I have a Bernina 630. I've been hooping some of my quilt's and embroidering outline patterns to quilt instead of long arm quilting them. Like a cowboy hat in the fussy cut square. It turns out quite well. Did airplanes all over a baby quilt. could get 5 in my largest hoop.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 AM

I have a Viking, Designer II. I don't think they sell them anymore but I sure wouldn't trade it even if I could. Love it, simply to use and very user friendly.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 AM

Do you mean look at machines with bigger than 5x7 hoops?

Originally Posted by Traditional
I don't think you could make a better choice if you go with Bernina.
I would not be happy with a Deco please look at other models with larger hoops.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM

I have the deco 340 and I like it.Of course remember it does not do any sewing
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM

I have a Brother SE350 and love it. Brother is a really nice machine. Good Luck. I'm hoping to do some more on it but am making a tree skirt for my daughter and have a # of projects lined up. I love the pics of quilts someone posted here they are so cute. Sue
Old 05-23-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
I have a Bernina 830. I traded up from a Pfaff 7570 after using it for over 13 years. It still works beautifully...its just limited to a 4x4" sewing field. Love the Bernina. Since I've had 2 different machines..I will say that the real "trick" with machine embroidery is learning how to hoop & stabilize correctly. They are all work horses and will only deliver results as good as the person running them. =)

If you are all for the crazy quilting please hop on over to http://www.mollymine.com/index.php and see what pretties she has. =)
Great site, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
I've written to a few of your privately asking what kind of embroidery machines you have, but I thought.....why not just post the question to all.

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Crazy Quilting and thought machine embroidery would look great on some of the patches. I love the hand embroidery but just do not have the time. For the ones that do machine embroidery, what machine do you have? I've tested the Bernina Bernette Deco 340 and the Janome 350e, but I can't decide. There are so many others out there and no dealers around in order to test. I've been looking at the "lower end" models, that are embroidery only (not sewing machine combos).

Any advise......likes, dislikes about your machine?
Thank you in advance!!
I have the Singer Futura CE250 and the Singer Quartet which has the larger 6 x 10 inch hoop. My 250 has the 5 x 7 hoop as the largest hoop. The 250 is around $799. and the Quartet is on sale May 24th for about $899. on HSN with alot of softeware which is a great deal. I love my Quartet. I embroidered on the 250 for about 4yrs till I got the other one. I used the 250 over this weekend though.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 AM

I have a Janome 350E and love it. Have never had a moments trouble from it, and it does a great job. I do like have a separate machine for embroidery instead of a combo. I did begin with a brother combo machine. I learned that I wanted a larger hoop in addition to the 4x4 that came with the combo and while you are sewing on your 6600, the 350E is making your label.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
I've written to a few of your privately asking what kind of embroidery machines you have, but I thought.....why not just post the question to all.

I've recently become a bit obsessed with Crazy Quilting and thought machine embroidery would look great on some of the patches. I love the hand embroidery but just do not have the time. For the ones that do machine embroidery, what machine do you have? I've tested the Bernina Bernette Deco 340 and the Janome 350e, but I can't decide. There are so many others out there and no dealers around in order to test. I've been looking at the "lower end" models, that are embroidery only (not sewing machine combos).

Any advise......likes, dislikes about your machine?
Thank you in advance!!
I have the Bernina 185 and a Deco 600 and love them both. The Deco only embroiders a field of 4 x 4 and my embroider/sewing machine 6 x 10
Old 05-23-2011, 07:49 AM

I started out with a Janome 350 loved it and traded that in for a Janome 11000. I also have a Janome 6600 and a Janome Coverstich cp1000. I think Janome gives you the best for the money and they are very user friendly. I also have a Singer Featherweight 221 and 2 Singer 301machines, A Viking 936 serger good buy from someone who did not use it, and also a Babylock blindhemmer.