Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why go to a quilt store??? >

Why go to a quilt store???

Why go to a quilt store???

Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 AM

I go to where ever the car takes me. Love to see it all and bargin shop. I buy what I like.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 AM

I shop at all but I particularly like to feel and sew plus matching colors is hard enough when you can see the fabric.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40 AM

Because when I walk in I get a smile and a "Hi Annette" from the gals working there. Because I can ask any question about quilting and no one makes me feel stupid. Because a local person owns it and I like supporting my neighbors. Love looking at the samples on the walls. Great inspiration. Lovely fabrics. Place to go when I can't figure out what color to add to my quilt. Etc, etc.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 AM

I go to the LQS because I think we need to support small, local business. I live in a very small, old town and it is dying because of shopping malls and places like JoAnns and Walmart. I also get better service at my LQS. They know my name, they don't mind answering my questions, and they actually know what they're talking about. It's true, their fabric is a little pricier, but it's better quality than most of the stuff at Joann's or Walmart. But I know for a fact that even though my LQS fabric costs a little more, the 2 owners of the store have yet to collect 1 paycheck. They are struggling but they are passionate about quilting so it is worth it to them. I'm not bashing Walmart or Joanns, just giving a little different perspective.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

For all the good reasons that people have already mentioned

AND

because if we DON'T go to the LQS..there will be no more, then we won't even have an option! Plus, its just darn fun and filled with eye candy!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:46 AM

I've shopped all of them and can definitely tell the difference in fabrics from LQS than other stores. I shop our LQS online mostley because they have a weekly special and the prices are usually much better than everyday. I do go to the shop every now and then to drool!!! hehe If only money grew on trees!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 AM

We have no Walmarts with fabric, no joanns and the hancock we have has a very small selection of quilting fabric. Hancock prices are now 8.99 and up so the LQS is where I go. The LQS offer more than just fabric, classes, notions, books and for most of us knowledge.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 AM

I go for the classes and the reat custoner service. They als have a clerance section with fabric at $4 a yd.

Hoppa
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 AM

I go for the classes and the reat custoner service. They als have a clerance section with fabric at $4 a yd.

Hoppa
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 AM

I prefer the LQS as they have classes, great fabric, better choices than the chain stores, friendly experienced quilters and their designs on the wall can really get me inspired I could go on and on but also like to support the local business and I learn so much from them recently took a class on hand embroidery by machine a great class and cannot learn these things at a chain store