Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Does anyone else coupon? Why not make a binder cover? >

Does anyone else coupon? Why not make a binder cover?

Does anyone else coupon? Why not make a binder cover?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by livenlearn124
This question is for those that are couponers... what is the best way to organize your coupons in the folder?
By catagory, or brand, expiration date?

I've not quite got the hang of it yet, but am making babysteps. Any tips would be appreciated.
I do mine by category. Dairy, meat, fruits and veggies, snacks, breakfast, soups, paper products, etc.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ziva
I love this lizard fabric.. Can you please let me kknow what is the name of the fabric and where I can purchase it? Thanks.

Love the binder cover!!
It's actually a Wal-Mart fabric that I purchased when Caruthersville, MO was selling out their fabric dept this past Dec/Jan. They have pre-cut now. :( I haven't checked but I think it's probably still a current fabric stock for them. It says "Cranston Collection" on the selvage. Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Thank you!!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM

This question is for those that are couponers... what is the best way to organize your coupons in the folder?

I've not quite got the hang of it yet, but am making babysteps. Any tips would be appreciated.
I'm still working on getting mine just right, and I sort by catagory. Basically the front section is health and beauty, next is cleaning products, then the food section and ending up with pet food. I have pages just for store-only coupons like Target, Walgreens and Family Dollar. And a clear folder in the front for my sale papers and store coupon booklets. I also keep a list of how each stores sales run, ex. starts on Sunday, ends on Saturday, so I don't miss anything.

Be sure and check on your local Dollar Tree for your Sunday editions - mine has the Jackson Sun (out of Jackson, TN) which is where I find my coupons and instead of the price being the usual $1.50, it's only a $1. Before I've even clipped a coupon, I've saved 50 cents. I generally buy 3 or 4 depending on how many coupon inserts are out that week. You can also see previews online as to what coupons are going to be in your Sunday inserts, so you can plan ahead.
Also, Walgreens and Family Dollar in my area, STACK coupons. Meaning they honor one of their coupons (in their coupon booklets or papers) AND a manufacturer coupon. In essence making it double couponing. My local Fred's and Kroger are the only ones who actually double coupons. Fred's on Saturdays and Krogers everyday, and both only double up to 60 cents.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-201295.jpe
Views:	139
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	201301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-201296.jpe
Views:	203
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	201302  
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM

Very nice, and what a clever idea.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Oh aren't you so creative, great job!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Nancy love your lil clothes lines w/ quilts flashing :-)
Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Great idea. I've never seen one of those but I really like it.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 AM

Thank you so much for this info. Very helpful!
Now I can see how to better organize, and make it a more efficient process.
Originally Posted by peggymunday

I'm still working on getting mine just right, and I sort by catagory. Basically the front section is health and beauty, next is cleaning products, then the food section and ending up with pet food. I have pages just for store-only coupons like Target, Walgreens and Family Dollar. And a clear folder in the front for my sale papers and store coupon booklets. I also keep a list of how each stores sales run, ex. starts on Sunday, ends on Saturday, so I don't miss anything.

Be sure and check on your local Dollar Tree for your Sunday editions - mine has the Jackson Sun (out of Jackson, TN) which is where I find my coupons and instead of the price being the usual $1.50, it's only a $1. Before I've even clipped a coupon, I've saved 50 cents. I generally buy 3 or 4 depending on how many coupon inserts are out that week. You can also see previews online as to what coupons are going to be in your Sunday inserts, so you can plan ahead.
Also, Walgreens and Family Dollar in my area, STACK coupons. Meaning they honor one of their coupons (in their coupon booklets or papers) AND a manufacturer coupon. In essence making it double couponing. My local Fred's and Kroger are the only ones who actually double coupons. Fred's on Saturdays and Krogers everyday, and both only double up to 60 cents.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM

I also am a couponer and just love the notebook. I'am going to have to make one also.