Joplin Tornado update

Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM

I'm so happy your sister is okay. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for all those people. It is so heartbreaking.

I have an 8th grade student whose great-uncle was killed in that tornado. :cry:
Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM

I'm so happy for you and your sister!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Ruthie, I'm so happy that Cecelia is fine, seeing the pictures it's a miracle anyone survived. God answered all our prayers for you both.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:04 PM

I know how she feels. the tornado that came in al was in my town of hackleburg, al 35 dead. we have 1500 people in our little town. it hit my hhouse and got the back 1/2. but we are fine. my thought and prayers are with each of them, like i said I KNOW HOW THEY FEEL. shelia williams
Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 PM

I live In Joplin, its a sad place right now. I have lost material things ,but doesnt seem that important. Many, many are worse off. Were a strong group of people and with the help of many volunteers things are getting better. Thanks for all the prayers. Still many are missing, so keep the prayers going.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by tracy
I live In Joplin, its a sad place right now. I have lost material things ,but doesnt seem that important. Many, many are worse off. Were a strong group of people and with the help of many volunteers things are getting better. Thanks for all the prayers. Still many are missing, so keep the prayers going.
Other than our prayers what else can we do for you?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
People from everywhere have helped one way or another. I think just getting back to normal as much as we can, is going to help. Thanks, just knowing so people care, helps.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
People from everywhere have helped one way or another. I think just getting back to normal as much as we can, is going to help. Thanks, just knowing so people care, helps.
If there is anything we can do, please let us know. I'm so glad you are all safe. Things can be replaced.

My sister lost her home back in February of this year. It burned completely to the ground. They lost absolutely everything. The horrible thing was that they had no insurance. No one was injured, and they are slowly getting their lives back to normal. The things she misses the most are family photos, Christmas ornaments that I started buying her beginning with her first Christmas (she's about 18 years younger than me), and various collectibles that cannot be replaced. As awful as it has been for her, my BIL, and my 2 nieces and nephew there have been some wonderful things that have come because of the tragedy.

You will be amazed by what will come. ;-) I will pray for you, your family and all the others in Joplin and the surrounding area. From everything I have heard on the news here in Michigan, your community is very strong. You will survive this.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM

I am also looking for my cousin...I have not seen her in years but I am worried about her and her family. Her name is Shellie Lynn Ross Stiles. She was married to Ronnie Stiles. The last address I have is Carthage MO or Joplin. Does anyone know how I can locate her?

Thank You in advance and my prayers are with all of you.
Laurie
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM

Call the red cross. Sorry so short. Sirens are going off again taking cover.