Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM

Leann Thats great you are doing so well. Take care in that heat it can sneak up on you and make you really sick. I feel like a wimp only did 2 miles and it was a nice 72 deg. Have a wonderful evening and sweet dreams.
Gail
Old 05-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Today has been a good day for me. I worked and managed to stay out of the "Goodbye"cakes that was sitting around for everyone to eat. My hardest time is the evening a couple of hours after supper. Work is really stressful as "State Inspectors" are here for their yearly DSHS inspection. I have been a nurse for over 10+ years now and I don't stress as much as I did as a new Nurse. Upper Management seems to be under more stress that the nurses. They asked if they could follow me around during my noon medication pass today;and I told they were welcome to do this if they could keep up.All and all everything seemed to go well. I think I will work on a sewing project this evening to stay busy and keep my mind off the TV. and food commercials. Good luck everyone.Stick in there.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Irish rose, The needles are on their way.Hope you get them soon. I sent them in a card. Mary
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Leann Thats great you are doing so well. Take care in that heat it can sneak up on you and make you really sick. I feel like a wimp only did 2 miles and it was a nice 72 deg. Have a wonderful evening and sweet dreams.
Gail
Thanks Gail, for your concern. I think it dropped at least 10 degrees when I finally did it. Today was not about speed nor time, just walk. Got in 3.5 miles. Good job doing 2 miles. You are no wimp!

Yep, I'm heading to bed for a good night.

Lynne
Old 05-24-2011, 05:35 PM

Remember Missy tonight, tomorrow's her big day!

I had a really good day, and hope that tomorrow is just as good.

See ya'll in the morning!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by gotchacovered
Today has been a good day for me. I worked and managed to stay out of the "Goodbye"cakes that was sitting around for everyone to eat. My hardest time is the evening a couple of hours after supper. Work is really stressful as "State Inspectors" are here for their yearly DSHS inspection. I have been a nurse for over 10+ years now and I don't stress as much as I did as a new Nurse. Upper Management seems to be under more stress that the nurses. They asked if they could follow me around during my noon medication pass today;and I told they were welcome to do this if they could keep up.All and all everything seemed to go well. I think I will work on a sewing project this evening to stay busy and keep my mind off the TV. and food commercials. Good luck everyone.Stick in there.
Atta Girl! Who needs cake? Hope you are able to stay strong this evening. I made some cauliflower soup for late evening when I have to have something. Helps to tide me over night.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Remember Missy tonight, tomorrow's her big day!

I had a really good day, and hope that tomorrow is just as good.

See ya'll in the morning!
Amen to that MJ. I wish I had this kind of energy 4-5 times a week.

Go Missy! Holding you in my heart, girl.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM

I joined in gymnasium for a month, and I took a bicycle lesson for one hour every night, I lost 5 KG in that month, now I have bought one at home , I hope this is helpful to you.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jennychung
I joined in gymnasium for a month, and I took a bicycle lesson for one hour every night, I lost 5 KG in that month, now I have bought one at home , I hope this is helpful to you.
Hello jennychung,and welcome.That is good you stuck with the bicycle for a whole month,and it paid off for you by a 5 KG loss.Goes to show,we can do it.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 AM

Good morning everyone!

Keeping Missy in my prayers. If I remember what she said is the surgery is actually tomorrow am at 6:30. Either way we probably won't hear anything for several days.

I'm not noting any plans for exercise or eating today. When I do it seems something happens to goof them up. So I've decided to back up and take it 1 hour at a time for awhile to see how it goes.

Weather is forecasting 90% chance of thunderstorms today. I hope they are not severe.

Welcome jennychung. I think you'll find this a very motivational & supportive board.

Well I'm off to start the day. I have several things to do every morning so I'd better get started. I'm going to try to post more frequent during the day as a accomplish things.

Hope everyone has a good day.