Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by olebat
...I'm not one for pain meds, even with this knee replacement, so I kept a clear head and had fun while I could, I had good staff and therapists. Laughter is the best medicine. Finding all those machines (7) didn't hurt either. It's my piggy bank which will need the pain meds.
Glad you are feeling better. Did you mean that you don't take any pain meds... after knee replacement?

I just had hip replacement in March. I don't like pain meds either but I have learned to take them for as short a time as possible. I had both knees replaced followed by a hip replacement. This last one makes me complete.... ha-ha! Totally worth it to go through, although for many years I said 'no way anyone is cutting my bones'.

:-D
Old 05-26-2011, 03:50 PM

Guess what I got today? A tan Singer 301A with oodles of attachments, a desk it fits into and some extra bonus attachments. I am in the process of researching the attachments to see what I actually have. The machine has to be thoroughly cleaned though because it has been living with a smoker.

OK, to begin with what is the safest thing to soak the attachments in? Don't know if I will be able to get the odor out of all of the original boxes and manuals but hope so. I am so excited to get it cleaned up so I can sew, sew, sew! Got the zigzagger attachment too! Whoo hoo... :-D

Trust me... photos will follow as soon as I get her cleaned up. Might even name this one. Not normally my habit to. :-D
Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Whoo hoo... :-D

Trust me... photos will follow as soon as I get her cleaned up. Might even name this one. Not normally my habit to. :-D

Congrats on the new machine. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Kathie
Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 PM

[quote=Kathie S.]
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Kathie - Very nice mini and your new sewing machine is adorable :)

Judy, it is Nancy's mini and sewing machine. Kathie
Geez - Sorry Nancy about the error. Your mini is wonderful and I really like your new Kenmore!! Kathie, I promise when you post pictures of your clutch purse, I will make sure not to compliment Nancy for your work :oops:

Judy
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
...I'm not one for pain meds, even with this knee replacement, so I kept a clear head and had fun while I could, I had good staff and therapists. Laughter is the best medicine. Finding all those machines (7) didn't hurt either. It's my piggy bank which will need the pain meds.
Glad you are feeling better. Did you mean that you don't take any pain meds... after knee replacement?

I just had hip replacement in March. I don't like pain meds either but I have learned to take them for as short a time as possible. I had both knees replaced followed by a hip replacement. This last one makes me complete.... ha-ha! Totally worth it to go through, although for many years I said 'no way anyone is cutting my bones'.

You two are pretty amazing for going through such big surgeries and therapy without pain medications. All I can say that both of you must have a great sense of humor and a high tolerance to pain! Keep up the positive outlook and rehab so that you can enjoy the summer.

Judy
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Guess what I got today? A tan Singer 301A with oodles of attachments, a desk it fits into and some extra bonus attachments. I am in the process of researching the attachments to see what I actually have. The machine has to be thoroughly cleaned though because it has been living with a smoker.

OK, to begin with what is the safest thing to soak the attachments in? Don't know if I will be able to get the odor out of all of the original boxes and manuals but hope so. I am so excited to get it cleaned up so I can sew, sew, sew! Got the zigzagger attachment too! Whoo hoo... :-D

Congrats on the 301 Linda. So glad you got her.
Doing the happy dance with you.............:thumbup:
Looking forward to seeing pics of her and the attachments.

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Sorry double post.

Blessings,
Sandi
Old 05-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Saw an old Climax treadle machine today. It does have some useable parts if someone needs them. Cabinet is shot. Irons are good. Bought a Singer with good Sphnix decals in a musty case. Will probably put it into a treadle with a not so good head.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Kathie, I promise when you post pictures of your clutch purse, I will make sure not to compliment Nancy for your work :oops: Judy[/quote]

Judy you are to funny. :-D The clutch purses is also Nancy's. These responses are hard to tell who said what. Have a wonderful evening. Kathie
Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Yep, zip, zilch, zero, none, no pain medicine stronger than a couple of Tylenol. I had all the pain Before the surgery. Just learned to grin and bare it. Life goes on. I hope I can put the other knee off for a few years. I have too many machines to restore and move to alternate locations to play this "lady of leisure" game. I'll keep you in mind as the bionic hero anytime my ortho guy mentions replacement.