Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Yeppers all signed up. Already been shopping.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
So would you like a Peanut Butter cookie?
ooo, Yes, I got some salt water taffy, wants some
Old 05-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by brwn_eyedgirl
I thought I signed up for June but can't cofirm it. Could you please let me know?
You are signed up
Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Originally Posted by cannyquilter
Whoo Hoo, its on its way should be delivered tomorrow, hope the wait has been worth it and you like your squishy.
Just got my package!!!!Love everything...you did awesome! I will post pictures tomorrow but I wanted you to know how thoughtful you were in picking out the items...I love the scissor and my name is on the little pillow...all of it...thank you cannyquilter...your card was lovely...thank you again!!
So pleased you like it, I love these swaps not only because it is so nice to give and receive gifts but because it is so good to make connections with people from different places and to discover common ground. The first person I sent a swap package to had actually visited the city where I live in England...I couldn't believe that it was so lovely to have that connection. Pleased you liked the little pin cushion, thought if it was attached to your scissors with your name on you wouldn't lose it if you were at a class. Enjoy Eileen
Old 05-27-2011, 03:47 PM

My Squishy's here!!!! Thanks Navarre2011, you did a great job!!

I received 4 teal nad brown fat quarters, they are all the same so I will be able to use them in a larger project. I really liked them, but thought they looked familiar, then I realized I have a dress that are those colors - mostly teal with the brown design. I guess we have similar tastes, huh? I also received 3 large spools of thread (the good stuff) as well as a great notepad (for my shopping lists) and CANDY!!! I received both regular M & M's and Peanut M & M's. I also received some cool things I had never seen in this country, my DH thought that was really cool, so I just hope I can keep him out of them. They were Kinder Country bars, I would tell you what they were, put it is not written in english (which is why DH thought they were cool) and Leibniz Pick Up! This looks like a shortbread cookie sandwich with chocolate in the middle. It to is not in English. I am sure I will enjoy them, if DH gives me a fighting chance.

Thanks again Navarre2011!!!

(I also received a block from her, but thats another swap (haha)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-203187.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	203193  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Whoo Hoo, its on its way should be delivered tomorrow, hope the wait has been worth it and you like your squishy.
Just got my package!!!!Love everything...you did awesome! I will post pictures tomorrow but I wanted you to know how thoughtful you were in picking out the items...I love the scissor and my name is on the little pillow...all of it...thank you cannyquilter...your card was lovely...thank you again!!
So pleased you like it, I love these swaps not only because it is so nice to give and receive gifts but because it is so good to make connections with people from different places and to discover common ground. The first person I sent a swap package to had actually visited the city where I live in England...I couldn't believe that it was so lovely to have that connection. Pleased you liked the little pin cushion, thought if it was attached to your scissors with your name on you wouldn't lose it if you were at a class. Enjoy Eileen
I am going to post a picture now of your awesome gifts that you sent me...fabric, lip balm (strawberry), I will have the biscuit with the tea, make a bracelet from the cool beads, make cards (which I do also) from the lovely card kit, the fabric is neat, thankyou again, the storage stacker I will have many uses for, love the facial mask & will use it, and last but not least, the scissor/pin cushion with my name...very neat. I must tell you too, we googled your home town..very interesting and enjoyed you card and information. Thank you again from across the ocean...we must remember to send each other a Christmas card, don't you think...:) Elaine

Awesome "squishy" from cannyquilter in England
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203204[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-203198.jpe
Views:	5
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	203204  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

wow cute stuff. I love polka dot fabric. I seem to say I love all the fabrics huh?lol But I really do love them.The teal and brown in the same pattern different sizes is pretty cool.Mary
Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Thats some nice stuff.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:00 PM

I am at a loss as to what to do about June. I really want to sign up because I love doing this swap but I am hearing that our postal service in Canada might be going on strike any day now. I think I will wait to decide until June 1st. I would really hate to miss out but also do not want to send out a package and have it stuck in the postal system somewhere while they are on strike. How are other Canadians handling this?