Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Liberty of London fabric >

Liberty of London fabric

Liberty of London fabric

Old 05-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Liberty of London has had a shop in London selling wools and beautiful cottons for centuries (well at least one anyway) You can goggle them -- theymake very expensive clothes and by the way, ofer some fabric for sale. It has always been a very high end business.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redkimba
Fabric.com just advertised that they have this line now. Very pretty prints, but why are they so expensive? (don't look unless you have access to oxygen...)
If you are talking about liberty lawn, this is narrow but perfect for quilts, this fabric quality /softness compares to ordinary quilt fabric as a Rolls Royce to a station truck!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redkimba
Fabric.com just advertised that they have this line now. Very pretty prints, but why are they so expensive? (don't look unless you have access to oxygen...)
If you are talking about liberty lawn, this is narrow but perfect for quilts, this fabric quality /softness compares to ordinary quilt fabric as a Rolls Royce to a station truck!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM

You can purchase Liberty of London fabric here in Canada at Hyggeligt ( http://www.hyggeligt.ca/brands/Liber...n-Fabrics.html ).

I was thinking of doing a purchase just to try it out in the fall, once my "committments" are out of the way.

Hyggeligt is quick and very reasonable I thought, I just purchased a bunch of Kaffe Fassett fabric for my quilting bee group for my block. I can't wait to have my very own Kaffe Fassett quilt! BTW, before anyone goes oh that's expensive...our regular quilting cotton up here is $18.99/metre so it is reasonable by our standards. It's ok! And shipping didn't cost me much at all!

Anyhoo, I didn't know anything about Liberty of London fabrics but a few of the fabrics here made my heart pitter patter.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM

Liberty cotton is a favoured choice for smocking children's clothing. The colours are bright and do not fade with washing. There is no need to pre-wash liberty when smocking children's clothing. It feeds through my pleater(device used to gather fabric for smocking) so much smoother than regular cotton. I love it but unfortunately people today are not interested in paying the price for beautiful handcrafted children's clothing....Now probably Katie Holmes and Angelina might put up the money LOLOL
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the sitre. They appear to have a good selection and ntheir patterns are adorable.
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 AM

I bought some a few years ago when I was in London and paid a pretty price. It is sooooo soft! Beautiful prints!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:15 AM

I lived in England for a while, and still have friends there. Fabric is HORRIBLY expensive over there, and when friends come to visit, we spend alot of time shopping for fabric to take back! We sometimes do not realize how fortunate we are over here to have better prices, even if they are going up and seem pretty high to us!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:18 AM

You can purchase Liberty of London fabric here in Canada at Hyggeligt ( http://www.hyggeligt.ca/brands/Liber...n-Fabrics.html ).

That 15 bucks is for 1/2 yard!!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by MissQuilter
I lived in England for a while, and still have friends there. Fabric is HORRIBLY expensive over there, and when friends come to visit, we spend alot of time shopping for fabric to take back! We sometimes do not realize how fortunate we are over here to have better prices, even if they are going up and seem pretty high to us!
You are so right. One would have to travel aboad to appreciate what they have and that goes both ways.