Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
?sewing machine part >

?sewing machine part

?sewing machine part

Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 PM

I got a sewing maching at GW I first thought it was a green feather weight but weighs a ton it is a New Home by Janome #534 as any one heard of this one? I have the foot pedal which has 2 power plugs on the cord. And it is the one that goes to it but am missing the lead plug that goes into the machine. I checked with janome they don't stock parts that far back(1960) on eBay they only have foot pedal. Any one have any ideas is this machine worth it. Solid medal. I ask my son if he could hot wire it. Ha don't laugh he is if I can't find part.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 PM

I bought a Singer at Goodwill and didn't really check it over. The cord was wound around the foot pedal, so I assumed all was there. When I got it home, some one had cut the cord to the pedal and taken the plug in. It is a late 50's or early 60's model. Haven't decided if I will hunt for part or just donate it back to GW. I might contact lostin51 here on the QB as he is our resident expert.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Go to a sewing machine shop or vaccuum cleaner repair place and ask if they can make a cord or what ever it is that you need. They have all types of odds and ends of items and maybe one that might work for your needs.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Our janome dealer(a young know it all) his my retired anyway he said he could not get the part. End of story.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Some states require that anything that's not certified be sold without a plug so that the wiring has to be checked before it can be operated.
Monie, check ebay. You might also check with:
http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....olspage38.html

nlgh, Try ebay! Singer parts and power cords/pedals are abundant there!! :)
Old 05-29-2011, 03:06 AM

Hi Monie -- I recently got a "free" Singer 132Q Featherweight, but if I ever find the misssing parts, it will not be anywhere near "free". My fault - should have looked closer. Anyway, if anybody out there knows anything about this model, I would love to hear from you. And Monie, I hope you can get your machine up and running too. :)
Old 05-29-2011, 03:38 AM

I have another machine in a cabinet, cabinet is nice but someone cut and took the foot pedal.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 AM

Foot pedal is an easy fix!! :)
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Yes I am just not as impressed with it now I am using it to put my feather weight on, but I like this janome new home if it doesn't cost too much to fix only paid $17.00 for it.