What do you do when....

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Ask them if they rather have you spending your own money on fabric or would they rather have you start smoking weed and drinking (you choice here) .....

Why are they even saying that?

Ignore them!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 PM

Tell your kids to get a life and stay out of yours (your stash anyways). Remember you are the mom and you tell them what to do not viceaversa. lol.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:06 AM

you look over 21 to me! tell them when they wake up your parent one morning they might have an opinion, but until them its strictly MYOB. sharet
Old 05-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Tell them you're keeping a list of people who complain about your fabrics, and that those people will never get one of your quilts. It should be very quiet at your house after that. <G>
Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 PM

Have you got quilts hanging up all over your house?
If not, try it, because they are pretty, colorful and can be changed seasonally...
Perhaps, then the kids will get the idea that there is more to quilting than the stash!
....and if they should want one....well...OK! they can't very well complain any more, can they?
J
Old 05-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Hide the fabric then collect up items of their clothing. When they ask what you're up to explain to them that you did what they wanted and got rid of the fabric but you need some to complete a project and their shirt or pants are just the thing. When you get the scissors out they will most likely decide not nagging you about a stash of fabric is better then loosing their favorite item of clothing
Old 05-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Don't be a victim! Just smile at them and say nothing...it will drive them nuts!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 AM

Your kids bug you about your fabric because you allow them to. You shouldn't have to defend your desire to do what makes you happy to your children. Rather than discourage you, they should be bringing you bags of cotton clothing and gift certificates to Joann's and Hancock. Tell them you intend to maintain as much fabric as you want, and if they have a problem with your choice they are to keep it to themselves. Your language can be as "salty" as your personality allows. If you're not comfortable using "explatives" show them a copy of this post. "GET THE H... OFF MY CASE ABOUT THIS D... FABRIC, I'LL HAVE AS MUCH AS I LIKE. YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I'M NOT IN A HOME SUCKING OATMEAL AND DRIBBLING PUDDING. THE NEXT ONE THAT SAYS ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MY FABRIC IS OUT OF THE WILL AND YOUR PORTION OF THE ESTATE GOES TO THE AMERICAN QUILTING ASSOCIATION. I LOVE YOU, NOW GO AWAY".
Old 05-29-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Buttons922
Sweet Lady, As long as you are Happy in your world (mine too) then dont let ANYONE tell you different. Maybe they are jealous that you are spending their inheritance. Just kidding. I told my kids along time ago, it was my goal to leave them a quilt with no money. So far I am right on track.
Buttons:

You could find the fabric with money printed on it and use as backing or applique one of the "bills" from it :lol:

KSue-DO NOT SELL OR DISPOSE OF YOUR FABRICS!!!
(Unless of course you want to send it my way :lol: )

There are too many other things that you could be doing like gambling or drinking (wont include smoking cuz I still do that lol) these options cost money and you dont have anything to show for your money

My DD's used to make fun of all the glassware and collectibles that my DH and I had - we would go to auctions instead of going out for dinner and a movie. That way we had more than a ticket stub to show for our money. They werent laughing when we sold part of it and made some real money on it at a time when both needed a little help. We were able to help them along and still have some for us lol Same goes with fabric - People will buy quilts and fabrics and if you give them as gifts to them or your granchildren I bet they enjoy them.

I would just laugh it off or ignore it!!! Even if they happen to live with you - you are the one that pays the bills!!!! :thumbup:
Old 05-29-2011, 03:42 AM

Good Morning -- I would tell those cranky kids to go fly a kite. You are entitled to what makes you happy, so do it and enjoy it, and don't feel you should get rid of it!!!