Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:58 AM

MJ, I won't tell a soul, but I may use your ideas for myself.

Missy, it is good to hear from you! Your outlook is contagious.

Psychomomquilter, what an id!!!! I think that title describes a few of us around here. MJ will be posting the link for the new month very soon. Be sure and post that you are joining and record your weight for yourself.

This will probably be my last month until this fall. I am finiding it harder & harder to be online. Just too busy and we have trips coming up. Gonna have to pack a lot of legal items so that I don't regress. Do lots of walking & swimming also.

Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM

a special thank you to all who have served our country either as soldiers or as the family of a soldier. we wouldn't be here, or free, without you!
my husband moved an air conditioner last night and caused a compresssion fracture in his back. he is doped up on pain pills so i am trying to work that balance of being attentive but not hovering. trouble is, times like this the oreos speak alot louder than the apples! i'm trying not to listen but i feel the need for a little (is there such a thing?) chocolate solace. i guess i could gain the pounds today and then lose them next month--hmmm....
Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 AM

Lynne, my sweet friend, I will miss you not being on the wt loss thread, but completely understand. Take care my friend. Keep in touch. You have my email address.

I know tomorrow is the official weigh in day but I weighed this morning. I lost 3.6 lbs this month. I was hoping for more, but will take any loss. This puts my total loss to 25.7 lbs woo hoo, although my ticker is already showing 26. I'm right there! I'm just thrilled I am still losing and have not gotten bored with it, like all those other times in the past. I HAVEN'T QUIT!!!! And that is a BIGGIE for me. I'm almost at a 30 lb loss. I'm headed back to the 230's. Thank you all for your encouragement, motivation, and inspiration on this thread. I appreciate all of you more than you know. God Bless you all! Sandy
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 AM

No weight change yet, but at least I'm holding steady. One day I've gained a pound, the next day, I've lost it.

As far as snacks, I've given up snacking as a regular thing. For me, it is mostly habit. I'm not actually hungry. When I do feel a snack attack coming on, I drink a glass of water, then wait 10 minutes. If still needing a snack, I'm trying to limit myself to a handful of almonds, an orange or apple, or 1/4 cup of cottage cheese - anything that does not have flour in it. I'm diabetic now and the diabetic educator told me to eat more fruit, so I'm trying to do that. The more carbs I have from things made from flour, the more I have snack attacks.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:38 AM

Lynne, you will be missed. Check in when you can.

Sandy, that's wonderful to keep losing while in recovery from your knee surgery. Got to love it when the scale drops below a zero ending number. It sounds like it's close. :thumbup:

CatOwned, did you read the article I posted from Dr Mercola about diabetes, protein and fat? I know when my daughters were having problems, it was protein that helped them, not anything with sugar and fruit has a lot of sugar. The younger one, especially, had to have protein at every meal, as did her hypoglycemic father, brother and sister. I was feeding two type II diabetes, 3 with hypoglycemia and two of us with normal blood sugar. Fun and games.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 PM

IT'S HERE! OFFICIAL WEIGH IN DAY!

If you have lost MORE THAN 5 POUNDS THIS MONTH THEN PM me your total weight loss for the MONTH. If you have lost less than 5 pounds (like me), just get in the saddle and keep going.

Here is the sign up thread for June.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-126896-1.htm#3369862

Today's thought:
We do not change until the pain we feel in the present circumstance is greater than the fear of change in the future. How much do you have to hurt to be ready to change?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 AM

I made a little progress this month - 2 lbs down so it is a start. I'll get my FQ ready so I can mail it to the winner. I'm not a pastel person, so hope I can find something pretty.

I have not been keeping up with the posts for the last week or so. We've been doing a lot of work around the house; haven't had a chance to do any sewing either. :( Hope things are going well for all of you.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:12 AM

Congrats to all who made it through this months challenge, whether they lost, maintained or just made some changes in eating/exercising habits.

I did better than I was expecting this month, but had a stand-still during my end of the month road trip to get the girls.

Joining up for next month, but I have to re-figure my exercising now. I don't want to leave the girls alone in the house while I'm out walking cornfields so my daily walk is out. Can't even make them go with me as the younger one is physically unable to walk that much. My exercise equipment are all loud machines in rooms connected to where the girls are sleeping so I can't exercise in the early mornings like I am accustomed to.

I did give them permission to yell at me if they catch me with junk food. They like that idea but have already complained that they haven't needed to.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 AM

Hi all, I had been doing really well this month. I had lost 9 lbs., but then I got sick (stomach ailment) I had to add back the bread that I took out of my diet. I was hoping that it would help absorb the acids and things that were going on in there. Unfortunately I also added back the weight that I had lost. I'll try again next month.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 AM

Sorry I have not posted a lot but I do try and keep up with the posts and it has helped me stay focused. My husband is about to disown me!! (just kidding) He does think I am crazy because I have taken to "marching" in the car and slapping my arms across my chest sort of like jumping jacks I guess. We have been in the car a lot this month and I can even get my heart rate up doing it!!! It has paid off way better than I expected. I have lost 9.6 pounds. I know there are others that have done much better but I am happy with my accomplishments and credit to my antics in the car!!! That and some yard and garden work!!! My husband has lost 2 inches. He won't tell me what the scale says!!!
Thanks to all for your help. Not sure I will join in June have to think about it. I really do not have time to be on the computer. Might join just to sort of keep me accountable. Looking forward to sending a FQ and will try not to be as late as I was last month.