Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann deals on Memorial weekend! >

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
I don't have a Joann's near me, so no great super duper Memorial Day Deals for me... sniff, sniff, sniff. If there was a Joann's near me, I would have been there with BIG BELLS ON. :lol: :lol:

;)debra ;)
I hate to tell you this when everything is over, but you could have made your purchases online with a special $5.00 shipping for everything you bought. There is a Joann's in New Hampshire but not close by so I generally have to shop online. Got good sales and a 15% off teachers coupon off all the sale prices. Did well. Check it out for next time.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM

I bought more machine needles, 4 spools of thread, 2 boxes of bobbins, 2 packages of magnetic closures, the sharpening thing made by Fiskars for sharpening scissors and 5 different flannels - 4 yards each! I'm making girly quilts for a new baby on the way and her 2 sisters who are both under age 5. I love retail therapy!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 AM

dd, you got a discount for buying the rest of the bolt at Joann's? That always made sense to me, otherwise they'll have to sell the very end as a remnant, but the Joann’s I shop at doesn’t do this. I wish they did!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 AM

"Oh please ladies! Did you read all the negative JoAnn coupon and sale comments earlier in the weekend? It is interesting that stream is no longer available. Yes I went today and stocked up on buttons. But that place and their sales and coupons and very fine print bothers me too much. Plus at our store the quality of their fabric is sometimes less than desirable.”

Really? What happened the stream of negative comments? I agree with you, the quality of fabrics have deteriorated, and their prices have increased since they were bought by a new corporation.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jazz
"Oh please ladies! Did you read all the negative JoAnn coupon and sale comments earlier in the weekend? It is interesting that stream is no longer available. Yes I went today and stocked up on buttons. But that place and their sales and coupons and very fine print bothers me too much. Plus at our store the quality of their fabric is sometimes less than desirable.”

Really? What happened the stream of negative comments? I agree with you, the quality of fabrics have deteriorated, and their prices have increased since they were bought by a new corporation.
Price increases are every where. The increase at Jo Ann's is coincidental with the buy-out, but not because of it. The only differences are that the new corporation has been able to open more stores, and has plans to continue expansion. Regardless of where we shop, the quality of fabrics is in ranges for each budget. Even one of my LQS's has a low quality line which I wouldn't use for a dog bed, but it looks pretty and is affordable.

Sometimes, all we want to do is sew, and have fun creating. We aren't quilting for a Best of Show ribbon, or a family heirloom. We're sewing for personal gratification, and if we choose a 200 thread count because it it is in our budget, and we like the colors and pattern, then it's our choice. We can't boycott the retailer because of what the manufacturer produces. Have you quit buying toilet tissue sense the rolls have become smaller for the same price?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 PM
dd

dd, you got a discount for buying the rest of the bolt at Joann's? That always made sense to me, otherwise they'll have to sell the very end as a remnant, but the Joann’s I shop at doesn’t do this. I wish they did!
They had stopped giving the discount for a while but just recently started doing it again. I'm glad too. I will gladly finish a bolt for a discount.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Olebat, I surely did not mean to offend you with my observations about price increases at Joann's!

I'm a professional complainer. Anything you need complained about, I'll do it for you for free! :-D
Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Olebat, I surely did not mean to offend you with my observations about price increases at Joann's!

I'm a professional complainer. Anything you need complained about, I'll do it for you for free! :-D
Thanks for the offer Jazz. However, when complaint time comes due, My family says I do quite well on my own. However, when ever I can, I do try to find that silver lining in the clouds. As an advisor to kids from 9 to 19, I try to set an example of positive thinking, and analyze a situation before passing judgment, and choose my words carefully. What I say at my age has a different meaning to current day youth, three and 4 generations my younger. If only I could follow my own advice when things don't go well in adult environments . . .