My goal

Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM

Hi I have been offline for a few weeks but I am now back to stay.

I have been watching the tornado's and have cried for those poor people. My goal is to make 100 childrens quilts as quickly as possible to have on hand for emergencies such as these. Luckly I have a large stash at the moment (I have several fabric angels that help me with fabric to make quilts for my
quilts for Kids group) and will work with my mom to reach this goal. I feel I have to show them I care in some way besides my prayers.

Teddy bears are waiting to be cut out and sewn also. I have a great 2 piece pattern that makes cutting them out and sewing them really easy. My goal will be 200 of these.

Even now as I am writting, two more towns have been crushed by major tornado's.

My prayers and Love goes out to everyone that is in any of these areas.

Please join with me and even if you can contribute one quilt or a couple of pillowcases (these are in great need in these areas also)please do so. Quilters are very generous and careing people and I would like to see us unite in this effort to bring some comfort to these great people in this time of tragedy.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:52 AM

Good luck. If you would like to share your bear pattern with me, I can cut you out a bunch and sew them. I will use my fabric. And I will send them to you to stuff or whatever you do with them. Just send me a pm if you want. :)
Old 05-25-2011, 02:30 AM

Iam on the teddy bear train.. If you send me the pattern I will sew some for you also. I dont have the time for a quilt but I can do small teddy bears pretty quickly.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 AM

Awesome goal!
I have a friend who made over 100 quilts last year for her doctor to give to people that he felt needed them...many of us gave her fabric, or kits for quilts and we chipped in and bought her a roll of batting to help keep her expenses down. She is no longer employed, so does have the time for this. I try to make at least 4 quilts a year for Project Linus, and to do their 2 workdays a year.

Anything we can do to help others is a great goal!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

What a great goal!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Just saw on cnn, maybe as many as 1500 still missing
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM

Send me your teddy pattern, I would love to make you some.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Everyone will pm me your addresses I wll get a pattern out to you this week. I got a donation of 50 lbs of fiber fill last night so once they are cut and sewn it will take no time at asll to fill them and get them out to different cities.

I want to thank everyone of you for volunteering to help me reach this goal. It shows the love and generousity of quiltrs everywhere.

If you need fabric to cut the bears from let me know and I will see what can be done about getting some out to you.
You can use flannel, cotton or fleece that way they can all be washed as needed. I also have a uniform fabric that a company in California donoated and I am cutting it today to sew up quick bags to put these quilts, bears and pillows in. that way they can keep all of their new things in one spot until they can settle.

Lets hear some ideas on a slogan we can put on these bags. We will get the ideas and then vote on the best. I have a embrodery machine to embrodery the saying onto the bag and it is all done automatic once I put the info in.

I need to stop thinking and start cutting again. This project is bringing me out of my depression over my recent divorice and gives me a heartfelt project to occupy my time.

So I am off to take Rascal out (maybe he is a small Yorkie and doesn't like the rain) and then back to the cutting tables.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Just so everyone knows. I went to buy you all patterns at JoAnn's pattern sale and of course neither store had them.:(

I have 32 quilt tops made and 100 bears cut out.

Going to sew bears together this evening.

We have had two tornado's here in MI this week so some of the quiilts and bears will be taken to them. Our storms was not as serious as others but feel they can use the comfort also.