Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Hooray! First day and it was even a card night (we play cards once a week and eat lots of snacks). I had what I figured to be the 'least dangerous' snacks and no candy! OK, two pieces of hard candy at 14 calories each.
Hope everyone else did well today, too.
Good for you.That's how to do it.Keep it up.If it gets too much,pack your own celery sticks and cheese,a few crackers,etc.Or what ever you like.There's a lot of good tasting snacks now days.Who knows,maybe they'll be into yours better.I would,even if I weren't trying to lose weight.MJ has some good tips for snacks on last months thread toward the end.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:13 AM

Good Morning all,

Well, for the month of May I had an 8lb drop. I don't think this month will be as dramatic as I can't go for my daily walks while the girls are here. I am using my Elliptical and exercise bike. Plus, I'm staying active! Spent the day working in the yard, so much that I have a mild sunburn. I'll have to include a photo of the girls "helping" me clean up the driveway yesterday, lol.

Keeping up with the two of them is another way I'm staying active! I know at 12 & 14 they should be doing a lot of the things on their own, but the older has previously been completely responsible for cooking, cleaning and the care of her sister. I want her to have a chance to be a kid for a while.

I'm looking into a specialized bike for the younger one that she can use with her physical disaiblities so we can go for bike rides this summer. They have adult tricycles online that might work but they sell for more than I can afford just yet.

Bright side is that I get my car back this weekend! Just in time as I just made my last salad and the girls are loving getting to have fresh fruit so I need to stock up on that!

Yesterdays stats:

water= so-so
exercise= actual exercise: so-so, physical activity: A+
food= pretty good, no junk food of any kind, still can't get into eating as often as I need.

The girls version of helping me clean the yard, lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]205426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-205420.jpe
Views:	10
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	205426  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 AM

Thank you all so much! I know I could not have done it without your support!! Now iis when the real work starts. I have the lap band but I have to eat the right way and exercise. Some people think that weight loss surgery is the cure. This is not so. It is only a tool to help us get to where we want and need to be.

Again...THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I care deeply for you guys and am so thankful I joined this challenge more than a year ago.

Missy
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 AM

Congratulations Missy! Good work!
Thanks for your input Xylie55, and for the snack information. I will look for it later today. Several of us are having our own little quilt retreat later this month, so we will need good snacks!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 AM

Last year I lost 45 pounds and this year i've gained 6 of it back so i'm in to be thin!! I know what it takes to do it, it's just so hard when there's such good junk food everywhere. I will do it with all of your support! Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 AM

I'm reading this board everyday but very seldom log on. Would like to join in on this adventure and get myself to log in more - get support and get involved. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers - on and off for many years - lost 50lbs last year still needed another 10 but had to stop going - put on 10 of it. Refuse to put on more so began walking and food journal on June 1st. Was happy to see this post - this will be a great support system for all of us. So if I'm not to late - count me in please. And congrats to Missy for last months win. Great job!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:35 AM

YEAH MISSY!!!!! Requested your addy. I believe that it would be extremely hard to be in your place. It would be easy for me to 'rest' on the surgery to do the work - altho I know that isn't true.

I just read MJs final post on the May thread. Friends, I'll take a size smaller ANY day over FQ squishies! I believe I won BIG!

For me, maintenance is the hardest to accomplish. I am still 30# away from my goal weight, BUT, I AM 29# off my highest. Staying at my right weight has always been harder than getting there.

Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Congratulations Missy and LeAnn. I'm so proud of you both. Missy, I have your address. Leann, please PM me your address as you deserve FQ also. I'm proud of you for being able to stick with that 17 day diet. You have both done so good and have been such an inspiration to me!! Yeah, Ladies. Way to go!!!

I will be leaving for Florida Saturday morning. One of my DGD graduates from Elementary School next Tuesday morning, then we have a BBQ luncheon at the school. That night my oldest DGD graduates from high school. She was our preemie baby, born 3 month early at 2 lb 4.9 oz. Drs said she may not do good in school. She is graduating WITH HONORS!!! Goes to show, the Dr don't know everything. While in FL, I will spend a few days working in the office, but most of my time will be spent with family, so I won't be on the computer very much. I will have to work very hard to keep doing good as there will be food all around. And NOT just healthy food....lots of junk food, I am sure. Everyone keep up the good work and good luck to us all as we continue this wt loss venture. Big hugs to all, Sandy
Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 AM

Sandy, have a WONDERFUL time in Fl! I agree, doctors are wrong more than they are right. They have zilch power to direct a destiny that is traveling in a different direction. Congrats to all your grands!

I am off to the blood center. Josh has decided it is time for him to do that and I haven't been in 18 months. It is a good way to keep track of my cholesterol. Once I have that number, I'll post on my results and how I lost 14 pounds on the 17=day diet. I've never been so faithful on a program. That will end at the blood center as I will have some fruit juice and a cookie so that I can drive home.

I absolutely promise you all that I will be right back on program with today's dinner.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM

Ah its june soo soon!
I was super motivated last month and worked hard and watched what I ate and I am so proud of myself!
I feel better already, I know I am going to need more energy b/c school is out in 8 days!!
If it ever stops rain here I would love to soak up some sun! Thats always makes me feel good too!
My goal this month is another 10lbs and hopefully that will put me down a dress size combined with last mo loss.
so many clothes in my closet are tight! :oops:
I have discovered southwestern style egg beaters, there soo yummy! I need to go grocery shopping and stock up for June to keep me on track!

i like the idea of journaling feelings.
I wrote down the thoughts for the day (thank you) and will get a notepad today.

Congradulations to Missy! 28lbs must feel awesome.
Be proud of yourself!
Pm'ing for address.