Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
COLD FEET >

COLD FEET

COLD FEET

Old 06-03-2011, 07:51 AM
j

I WOULD buy it because free quilting on my sewing machine is hard and also being able to put the three pieces together has to be more simple than the floor. I would never try to earn money with my little machine but with a big one, you would still have time to do your own quilting. at 77 I dont think it would be worth it to me to buy one, but if you are much younger Isay go for it!-- J
Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 AM

I don't know how much you spent, but I have already made my money back just finishing my own quilts because it costs too much to send them out to be quilted.

You are going to LOVE your new longarm. You already know that because you enjoyed your ten minutes so much that it is on its way to your house.

I started out by stippling and then branched out into other designs. I'm excited for you, have fun!!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 AM

I have a midarm & small frame & I love it! Even just doing your own quilts, & not having a business, it is such an easier way to machine quilt your own quilts! Easier on your back, easy to end up with a flat quilt & a nice, neat back to it, &, on a frame, you can walk away & leave it, & come back to anytime, to do more! I don't think you will be sorry, it's a good investment for any quilter who wants to quilt her own quilt, or do it for a business....
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 AM

I also have a Nolting and you are going to love it regardless of the kind you bought. I am still alittle scared of mine but I am getting there. Good luck
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM

I can almost guarantee you 100% you will love it. I have just a very basic short arm that I am over the moonwith. I wasn't sure I would be able to do much with it but I am so glad I got it, now I want to upgrade to a bigger one but that is beyond our budget right now. Its a someday thing.
Don't hesitate at all. I don't have all the answers and know nothing about your setup you are wanting to get but I would certainly be willing to help you out if you get stuck on something... also there is a yahoo group for almost every brand on the market and several others that are just for general machine quilting and those ladies and gentlemen are always ready to help us newbies with questions or problems. I have made a very nice friend who I now email privately when I have any trouble. They are just a great bunch of people.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:05 AM

A long-arm is an invaluable tool when you love to quilt. Know it's a scary investment, but you will so enjoy it. Hope you can find a quilting group in your area. Hang in there and I do hope you go for it - not everybody has the opportunity to ever own one ... you've earned it - GO FOR IT.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 AM

You will love it. I have drooled over long arms for years but It will probably never happen. No being negative just facing facts. I will never have my orange Vet either. lol
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM

Before you listen to the "you are going to love its" go to a store and use one. They usually let you try it. I was told I would "love" and embroidery machine and was talked into an expensive one. I didn't "love it" and ended up selling it and getting only 1/2 of my money out of it. I held a resentment for that quite a while. I hate to be the negative one but after having been talked into a couple of things that I ended up not enjoying at all (and being made fun of when I sold them) just make sure you try it enough that you are comfortable spending that kind of money.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 AM

I did the same thing when I purchased my Bernina 830. You will get over it as you use and love it! :lol:
Old 06-03-2011, 10:37 AM

I think it is Renee Haddadin that has a comparison of different longarms on her website. Check it out if you're not sure what to get.