Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Atlanta, Ga Official Get Together 5/29/11 >

Atlanta, Ga Official Get Together 5/29/11

Atlanta, Ga Official Get Together 5/29/11

Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM

I was so sorry I didn't come due to my husband's neck surgery, but would love to come when you all do this again. I can't wait to see more pictures. The one "quiltingaddict" Jeannie posted looked like there were lots of quilts being shown. Want to hear more about the challenge projects?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 AM

We are parked at the campground in Natural Bridge Va and it's hot here, 92 in the shade. We've got the fans going full blast.

I've decided not to tell what the quilt shops donated other then to say it was dynamite gifts. If you want to see, come to the next get together :lol: :lol: :lol:

We still have to go back into the city to get our new tires, they proved harder and more expensive to get then we thought, BUT I've already bought my first sewing machine of the trip, a nice clean little 99!!

We're at this CG till Sun and Mon am we're off to Ontario, Canada as soon as we get the 2 new tires!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Greenini, is that the campground that you can tube down the river by a waterfall? Have a great trip. I will make the next get together for sure.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I did not realize they had donated prizes. I was just wondering how they were connected to the get together.
Wish I could have made this one but things change and missed it....:-(
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry those of you who missed it, missed it. But rest assured, I will organize another one. OTOH, y'all are welcome to organize another one while I'm gone, in different parts of the state, whatever ;) ;), in fact, my dream is to have rotating meetings in different parts of the state run by different members, using the interest expressed here on this thread as a jumping off place. Olebat suggested maybe an overnite sew-in at a 4 H camp.

I should have started asking for things sooner, but I was unsure about just calling up and saying unh, we are having this get together of this online quilting group, but every shop I contacted made a donation, including A Scarlet Thread who told me if I'd given her 1 month's notice she would have given us goodie bags for all instead of just door prizes. So the moral of the story is to ask, the worst that can happen is that someone will say no! And honestly, no one did, even Red Hen who was almost in the middle of a lot of changes donated things.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

What is Red Hen up to. They just moved a few years ago into a bigger location. Are they moving again? I will have to make a day trip there while I am here in Suwanee. DH was sent to Joplin MO with his company for the nex 90 days atleast. We are hoping he gets the Marietta job coming up in Aug. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:40 AM

Red Hen is NOT closing! They are still at the same place & they are NOT moving so come & shop & have a great time.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:19 PM

This is updated Red Hen info
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-124519-1.htm
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Did you notice the date...May 20. I have talked with owner & she is not closing the store.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:22 AM

sklayne, if you read the thread, it continues on with her second message, that she is not, in fact closing the store, but is going to be partners with others, but once a thread is titled you can't change it.....