Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by SWChick
Put a mirror up in your dinning room and you will soon notice you eat less because you eat slower. You will also notice better table manners start appearing. No one likes to look like a pig even at home.
Sounds like a plan, might work for my kids. The manners part I mean. Feeling pretty good thus far. Lots of water and veggies.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM

Have you ever watched eating contests on TV? Contestants with a huge mound of whatever (hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza) in front of them and then the buzzer goes off. Now, that's pretty gross to watch. Can't even imagine how their stomachs can handle so much food in a short amount of time and what the person must feel like. That certainly cannot be good for the gastro system...

I want to get off the yo-yo-ing I have been doing..down yesterday-up today...next thing I know I am at the same exact weight I was a month or 2 ago. Grrrr. It's really frustrating when I thought I was doing everything right.

I need to go take another drink of water!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Oh - for on the run snacks - you can measure out some cereal. It's crunchy and can take a while to eat.
I think we do lose inches sometimes,and not so many pounds.I know I do.I did medifast once when it first came out and all lost more weight than me,but I lost more inches than them,so really I was ahead thinner wise.Which is what we're after,all of us.And the cereal is a good idea.See,that's why we like this board.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by swcrazzy
I had lunch at Wendy's today. I watch 2 ladies and 3 kids. I didnt finish what I had bought. One women had the biggest hamberger , large fries, a frost and then stated to eat another hamberger. The 2 ladies were very over weight and and two of the kids were there as well. Mom hollered at the oldest. She could not get up until she had eaten everything she got. I had to leave........... I just wanted to cry for the kids. They were doing as they were taught . I have weigh in Sat. morning.... I hope I have lost. I forgot to eat lunch several days this week. Beth in Co
Wow,that is sad.And I agree with you.We need to get out of that mind set of finishing our plates.Mine goes in the trash.No left overs that way.No doggie bags either because we don't eat out.In 20 yrs we've ate out maybe 5 times total.
Oh how sad that is for the kids! They are truly being setup to end up in the same or worse conditio as the mothers. I would have left too.

I hope your weigh in goes well.

Missy
Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Wanted to tell you about my successful May. It did not start that way. Anytime I cut sugar and caffeine from my diet, my energy level crashes. The 17 day diet went further and cut starchy carbs from the first cycle.

Allowed foods,,,all the egg whites, tuna, chicken, and turkey you can eat; 2 yogurts, 2 select fruits before 2pm, unlimited select veggies. The plan recommends 2 fats, 20 min walks, 8 glasses water, and 3 servings green tea daily - these I did not follow. By the end of this first 17 days, my energy was returning and I was resuming my workouts. My stomach had drastically shrunk.

The 2nd cycle was mostly like the first except you lost 1 fat and gained 2 starchy carbs, carbs eaten before 2pm and the addition of lean beef and shellfish. By this time, I am walking around 10 miles a week. I am still not drinking all the water nor tea, nor adding fat. I don't have all the carbs, as DH shuns them. I like oatmeal for breakfast every other day.

The 2nd cycle alternates cycle 1 & cycle 2 every other day.

We are just finishing day 7 of the 3rd cycle. Food choices are expanded with an emphasis on portion control. You are also allowed carbs after 2pm and optional alcohol.

I have averaged a half pound loss daily since beginning. I am grateful for the quick results. I pray I am diligent to maintain. My cholesterol at the blood center was disappointing, but it was not a fasting reading. I have to shout to the world how much better my knees have felt since coming 30# off my heaviest weight.

I have made my next chart and thought I'd share my first one. I work real well with visual aids - charts, lists, etc. My marks are pound and pound.4....ie 140.0, 140.4, 150.0....my scale only does 2/10 increments.

And then this is a photo of me heading out for a walk in the 100 degree heat. My son has been taking lots of shots of me since I am not in any of ours. He actually caught me at a time when I didn't look wilted.

Thanks for listening

Heading out for a 5 miler in the Tx heat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206290[/ATTACH]

First chart for 17 day diet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]206291[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-206284.jpe
Views:	12
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	206290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-206285.jpe
Views:	51
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	206291  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:08 PM

And I don't know why my photos are so gigantic
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Lynne: Did you mean to say the 3rd? cycle alternates cycle 1 and cycle 2 every other day.? Maybe I should check here and see what you ate, and then eat that. Great pic of you, btw. Maybe sometime you can show us how you look AFTER a sweaty 5 mile run..:-) Charts are a great motivator (espec when you see the dots and lines going down, down, down. Not so much when they just go up and down straight across the paper. Not inspirational then, ask me know I know..!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Good day all. Never got my walk in yesterday so this morning did a double walk hope that keeps me on track Food so far today has been good, snacks have been healthy and dinner is shrimp on the grill with tomato salad. Don't even want to think about an evening snack that is the hardest time for me eating wise. So far just under 2.5 pounds gone and I won't let them back no matter how the food beckons me.
Need to get to my quilting so I keep my mind from wondering to the kitchen and you know what can be lurking there. lol
Stay strong, Hugs
Gail
Yeah,good for you.2.5 pound is great.I've lost about that much too.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Lynne, you've done very well. I have a good deal of admiration for anyone who can stay with a restrictive diet. I could at one point in my life, but have trouble now. Looking good!

I have a list of things I should be doing, but I worked too hard in the flower garden today and my 'get up and go' got up and went. I am just so thankful that I can do it. I did take the dogs for a long walk. They like going to the park so much. We ran into a couple of bikers and Moira didn't try to eat them. That's always a plus.

Today is the 3rd. How many days do I have to drop the 5 pounds, Xylie??
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Thanks, I think for me it's the planning of the meals that does me in! I have two young boys and it seems like we're always running crazy, or that I've lost track of time and feel rushed to make dinner or lunch or sometimes breakfast, and end up eating whatever's handy. Try to stock up on healthy/ healthier stuff, but it's ahrd to find good food that's quick and easy! :)
Well,we eat the pre-made breakfast's and dinners.It only takes 4 minutes pr person to make.Breakfast,from Walmart frozen section is $1.60.I also buy the 24 pk blueberry pancakes that are about 4 inches wide.And their good.I sometimes give toast,or pancakes with the breakfasts.Same with dinner.My hubby and I split 1 dinner,add a salad.And he has bread,I don't eat bread too much tho.I use butter flavored spray like pam only walmart brand,for butter.Now I know some may not like them,but,in 3 1/2 yrs both my hubby and my blood work has been spot on,perfect.He's 84 and has had a 4 way by-pass 22 yrs ago.And had high cholesterol,sodium,you name it.Now,he's been perfect for 3 1/2 yrs.And mine is perfect too,where before it wasn't.Now days the frozen foods etc are nutritional and taste good,most are around 350 calories.I've lost 90 pounds eating them.Fast,quick,cheap,and are both good for you,and tastes good.Works great for us.Kids can have OJ with their breakfast.We have just coffee.And I drink lots of water.That's why I'm teetering right now,I got off the dinners,and also made 4 cakes.Not working.So,got a bunch of different dinners,and green salad,and am back on now.Already lost 2. pounds.So,know it works.I got the idea from those diet dinners they sell that are so expensive.I thought,I can do that way cheap with TV dinners.So I did.90 pounds ago.