Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Newbie quilting while living in an RV >

Newbie quilting while living in an RV

Newbie quilting while living in an RV

Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by Navy Wife
We spend quite a bit of time in our RV. You are within 50 miles or so of the famous Mary Jo's Fabric Store in Gastonia. Take a list or lots of $$'s, or both! Prices are good and selection is out of this world.
Have only read up to this post but I totally agree. If you are this close you must make at least one trip to MaryJo's and plan on spending the day. Also, in the High Point/Greensboro area there are two quilt shops that I know of. One is called Dragonfly Quilt Shop which has a High Point address and is on Eastchester Dr. (Rt. 68) and is fairly new. The other is called Ye Olde Forest Quilt Shop and is in downtown Greensboro. Both have knowledgeable, helpful owners. Sounds like you are going to have a fun summer!!! Oh and by the way, MaryJo's is a straight shot from High Point down the interstate. And the store is located just off the exit for Gastonia so really easy to drive to. Seriously, if you are this close, you HAVE to go!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:28 PM

living and quilting in a rv is an experiance. i've been in mine for 2 years following the work. but the "tin can" is not big enough for me and my 13 yo teen boy. actally i don't think a warehouse would be big enough for the 2 of us. but i finally found a job back home. pulling out of here on june 11 and going HOME!! can't wait to get back in my house and my sewing room and real doors. it's been fun and i'm sure you will enjoy your time on the road.

do go to mary jo's. wonderful place. and if you get time, run over to franklin and do some gem mining. it is so much fun.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Hello from San Gabriel, California
Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Well, it's good to see that you will be well supervised by your three cats. It's hard to get anything done at our house with their supervision. It's been seven years since I lived in Inman, South Carolina, so I can't quite remember where High Point, North Carolina is located. There is a great volumn fabric store called "Aunt Mary's" off of highway 64 (I think that's the number) just north of Gaston and Cow Pie. If you get into South Carolina, I just loved "Pieces, Places and Quilts" located in Sumner and Charleston, SC. I'm sure there are more folks on the site that will steer you in the right direction to some great quilt shops. Have a fun vacation. :)
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM

Oh yes, Welcome from Washington State. :)
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Boy oh boy...I have been away for NC and SC a long time.. After reading the previous posts. I'm thankful they could tell you the correct names... have fun at Mary Jo's...it's gonna be a great shopping spree there.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Hello and welcome to the board, from sunny Myakka City Fl.I plan to be doing that in about 5-7 years 9roaming the country that is0.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Hello from Western Mountain Maryland !! :-D
Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 AM

i am also a r.v. traveler and quilter . in michigan now hopefully we will get our transfer to louisville ky . welcome aboard
Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Welcome from NE Ohio. Love your babies! Isn't it amazing how they just gravitate to quilts. I hope you have a grand adventure. You're going to love the board!