Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
And I don't know why my photos are so gigantic
You look great.That diet is working great for you.I told my sister about it,and she is trying it too.Luv the chart.Ya,it goes to show,we need to stick to what works for us and not waver one bit.And never give up.It takes hard work to lose weight,there is no magic pill or anything.We all have to do it the old fashioned way.Eat less,and burn more calories.Bottom line.I'm real proud of you for sticking with it.We're about the same size now.So know how hard it is.But the pay off is rewarding isn't it!You look fabulas!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Lynne, you've done very well. I have a good deal of admiration for anyone who can stay with a restrictive diet. I could at one point in my life, but have trouble now. Looking good!

I have a list of things I should be doing, but I worked too hard in the flower garden today and my 'get up and go' got up and went. I am just so thankful that I can do it. I did take the dogs for a long walk. They like going to the park so much. We ran into a couple of bikers and Moira didn't try to eat them. That's always a plus.

Today is the 3rd. How many days do I have to drop the 5 pounds, Xylie??
30 days for 5 pounds is all. 1.25 pounds a week is all.That's not much.My 3 pounds a month I been doing is 36 pounds a yr.And after 3 yrs,I'm still doing pretty good.I only went up that one time 3 mo. ago. 15 pounds.So,5 pounds would be 50 pounds in a yr. And it stays off better I think doing it slow.I'm going a bit faster now that I joined this group.I'd like to get 18 pounds off this month,or next for sure.To get to 150.I should of already been there by now,but pooped around making and eating cakes.If I'd a known about this forum back then and this thread,I wouldn't of done that.But,didn't have anybody to tell me no,so I did it.So,set me back.And 150 would put me back on target.And 10 pounds below where I been,160.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!

I try to plan one day at a time.

Journal:
I am not where I want to be, but I am healthier than yesterday.

Motivation:
What exercise can I do today, regardless of the heat?
Do it!

Still borrowing a limping computer.
Everybody stay on track! Today is a new day, don't look back at yesterday, it's gone. Don't look to tomorrow, it's not here yet.
Focus on Today for the Present it is.
Very good advise.I got my computer at Walmart for $399.00.{1 yr ago exactly} my old one quite.It came with a 17 inch LCD screen.Love it.Craigs list always has some good ones too.Or local shopper,or newspaper.Also pawn shops have some.Or,QVC or HSN have new ones for payments.I like theirs too.My neighbor got one.It was pretty nice.So,for any body else needing one,there is ways of getting a nice computer with out breaking the bank.Might ask around too.People generally have 2 or 3 and only use one.I always get my keyboards and mouse for $3.99 at the thrift shops.Also,most geeks that fix computers,have some used ones for sale.Like a repair shop.Might call around.And they'd be ready to go because that's what they do for a living.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
Wanted to tell you about my successful May. It did not start that way. Anytime I cut sugar and caffeine from my diet, my energy level crashes. The 17 day diet went further and cut starchy carbs from the first cycle.

Allowed foods,,,all the egg whites, tuna, chicken, and turkey you can eat; 2 yogurts, 2 select fruits before 2pm, unlimited select veggies. The plan recommends 2 fats, 20 min walks, 8 glasses water, and 3 servings green tea daily - these I did not follow. By the end of this first 17 days, my energy was returning and I was resuming my workouts. My stomach had drastically shrunk.
Thanks for posting this, I have been curious about the 17 day diet. Unfortunately, it's once again a diet that doesn't work with me. I'm a vegetarian and I'm allergic to eggs.
Diet plans that say they are vegetarian friendly are not. I was on Nutrisystem a few years ago and was doing awesome, I was actually down to the weight I should be. Then they "improved their meals". Upon reading their new ingredients, every single "Vegetarian friendly food" had a base of chicken or beef broth. That, combined with the upheaval of a move from California to Indiana, my eating habits went back into the gutter.

Yesterday I flunked on eating and exercise. This stupid summer cold is kicking my rear. I spent most of the afternoon asleep on the couch. When I got up, I felt so bad, I stuck frozen pizzas in for the girls.

I'm getting my car this afternoon. Sis is gonna pick us up and then we are going to the movies and the Dunes. I think I'll drop Sis and the girls at the movies and I'll go to the veggie stand as I am seriously out of veggies and fruit. These girls can out eat me! They do love fruit and veggies though!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 AM

leann- where can i find this 17 day diet in it's complete form? maybe that's what i need to really kick in to gear. tia, nanci
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 AM

Did good considering the heat yesterday. Went to a street fair and played with the kids on the playground. Only had water to drink and a pretzel. Was very proud I didn't dive into all that fair food fat first! Here's to another day and hoping to maintain till next week!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Did good considering the heat yesterday. Went to a street fair and played with the kids on the playground. Only had water to drink and a pretzel. Was very proud I didn't dive into all that fair food fat first! Here's to another day and hoping to maintain till next week!
That really is great because fair food for me is a HUGE temptation. Way to go!!

Missy
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Welllll I did my weigh in at WW. I started 4 weeks ago and am down a total of 3.8 lbs. I am having a terrible time with moving and staying in good eating. Going on a trip, this may ruin all I have gained. But I will try , try ,try........ Beth in Co
Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by swcrazzy
Welllll I did my weigh in at WW. I started 4 weeks ago and am down a total of 3.8 lbs. I am having a terrible time with moving and staying in good eating. Going on a trip, this may ruin all I have gained. But I will try , try ,try........ Beth in Co
Beth,

Stay encouraged, you are doing great! A pound a week is a great thing!

I have a list that I posted on here a few months back that listed all the ways you can make 100-calorie snacks. I am going to do some digging to try and find that.

I am proud of you for doing well.

Missy
Old 06-04-2011, 09:01 AM

Here is the Hungry Girl's list of cost/time saving 100-calorie snacks

14 almonds
PER SERVING (about 14 whole unsalted nuts): 100 calories, 9g fat, 0mg sodium, 3g carbs, 2g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

25 pistachios
PER SERVING (about 25 dry-roasted unsalted nuts): 100 calories, 8g fat, 0mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1.75g fiber, 1g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

16 Popchips
PER SERVING (about 16 chips, average of all flavors): 100 calories, 3.25g fat, 235mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 1g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

15 Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips
PER SERVING (about 15 chips, average of all flavors): 100 calories, 2g fat, 156mg sodium, 17.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 0g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 2*

12 hard pretzel sticks (not rods)
PER SERVING (about 12 small plain sticks, average): 100 calories, 0g fat, 460mg sodium, 23g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

19 hard pretzel twists
PER SERVING (about 19 mini twists, average): 100 calories, <0.5g fat, 400mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, <1g fiber, <0.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 2*

5 cups 94% fat-free microwave popcorn
PER SERVING (about 5 cups popped corn, average): 100 calories, 0.5g fat, 204mg sodium, 22g carbs, 4g fiber, 0g sugars, 2.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 2*

13 Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks
PER SERVING (about 13 mini cakes, average of all flavors): 100 calories, 2g fat, 223mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

4 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses
PER SERVING (about 4 pieces): 100 calories, 5.5g fat, 15mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 1g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

4 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
PER SERVING (about 4 tsp., average): 100 calories, 5.25g fat, 5mg sodium, 12g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 1g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

27 Reese's Pieces
PER SERVING (about 27 pieces): 100 calories, 4.75g fat, 38mg sodium, 12g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 2g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

45 mini marshmallows
PER SERVING (about 45 mini marshmallows, average): 100 calories, 0g fat, 25mg sodium, 25.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 18g sugars, 0.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
PER SERVING (about 1/4 cup, average): 100 calories, <0.5g fat, 1mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 21.5g sugars, 0g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

25 jelly beans (like Jelly Belly)
PER SERVING (about 25 small jelly beans, average): 100 calories, 0g fat, 14mg sodium, 25g carbs, 0g fiber, 20g sugars, 0g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

HG's Super 100-Cal Snack Mixes! Using your newfound knowledge, make your own mixes! Or try out ours...

Jelly Bean 'Stach Snack
PER SERVING (10 small jelly beans + 15 pistachios): 100 calories, 4.75g fat, 7mg sodium, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 2g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

Candy 'Mallow Popcorn
PER SERVING (9 Reese's Pieces + 8 mini marshmallows + 2 1/2 cups 94% fat-free microwave popped corn): 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 120mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 2g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

Chocolatey Caramel Crunch Mix
PER SERVING (2 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + 6 Quaker Caramel Corn Quakes): 100 calories, 2.5g fat, 130mg sodium, 17g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 1g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*

Berry Nutty Twist Mix
PER SERVING (1 1/2 tbsp. sweetened dried cranberries + 5 almonds + 5 mini pretzel twists): 100 calories, 3g fat, 105mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 8g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 3*