Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Eagle Scout- Court of Honor >

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Old 06-05-2011, 11:59 AM

A friend of my became a Eagle Scout last year I made him a quilt when I saw that boy scout material,his mother use's it a banner that was a nice thing to do.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Congratulations, to both you and your son I also have 2 sons that are Eagle Scouts,they are in their 30s now and have told me how much it meant when they have applied for jobs and also college scholarships, so be sure to put this on college applications. Also be sure to check for scholarships for Eagle Scouts(Legion/Vfw's and other service orginations) Congrats again. And good ,luck to a well rounded Child.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 PM

Your message is very touching. As the mother of an eagle scout who now works for BSA as an assistant scout executive, I think his troop leaders and his council staff would really appreciate you sending that letter to them. All the Scout volunteers spend long hours developing and implementing programs and sometimes do not realize the impact they make on the lives of the boys in their troops. Please let them know.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Congrats to you and your son, Cathy. My boys are working towards their Eagle as well. Scouting is a great journey and teaches our boys so many life skills.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM

Congratulations. We need good hearted, strong men, willing to go all the way. I understand your "loving feelings" of relief and joy after giving so much support for his growth and development.He made it! Thanks for your sharing.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
My son had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor today...after 12 years in scouting. Although I've been to others' ceremonies, it is very touching when your own child achieves this level. I hadn't really felt so emotional about it before, but I guess part of it comes with graduation from High School & heading off to college. I know many of you have been there before me. My congrats go out to each you who have had sons go through it; as there is a lot of commitment in the later years for community service & projects.

I can say that my once painfully shy son, can speak confidently in public & has become a leader as a result of the scouting experience. His first aide training has already come into good use when last year, as a camp counselor, a young boy had a large tree branch fall on his head. It was a fluke incident, but required my son to carry this 8 year old back the 2.5 miles to the main camp, stopping at a remote cabin on the way to administer temporary first aide for bleeding to his head. After stitches the boy was able to return the following week. It was a good lesson for them all; and thankfully had a happy ending. My son's years of cross-country running gave him the stamina to run that far, without losing precious time. He never saw this capability in himself before that day, but I am confident if he sees someone in distress he will not hesitate to take action now.
I know the dear people I have met on this board will not take this as a bragging moment, it is not intended as such. I am just feeling very touched by seeing the change in my little wall-flower.
Sincerely, Cathy T.
congrats to you both. I am the gg mother to an eagle. He went on the be an army scout (sharpshooter) andis now a county sheriff's deputy.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Congrats from one Eagle mom to another.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM

What an honor and definitely a moment to be very proud of him! Wishing him success in all he does!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Congrats Mom, you have raised an awesome son.

From a mother of a Eagle Scout
(Joan)
Old 06-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Congratulations to you and your son. My hubby has 2 brothers that were eagles and we have 1 grandson who is an eagle. I know it is a lot of work for the eagle and the family.