Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi everyone. It's a perfect day here in the high desert of Ca. I've been in the yard most of the day and just came in and looked at myself in the mirror and got a little to much sun my face and arms are a bit to pink but that will fade in a day or two. Been good eating so far today had cold cereal and fruit for breakfast and egg salad on a bed of lettuce with fresh veggies for lunch. Not going to have the Sunday dinner of years past just can't eat that way anymore. It will be a cup of soup and a salad and fruit for dessert.
Missy so happy your first dinner out turned out well and I can't wait to see how much more you have lost since surgery.
Xylie I think I'll try some of those dinners you talked about and when I go to the health food store for our green tea I'll check out the Spirutien sounds like just what I need to get moving if you get my drift. lol
Nancia Good for you I know how hard it is to pass up things you like and especially when you DS would enjoy that sort of treat
Stephanie I will look forward to posts from you and welcome. As far as FQ's I have as much chance of winning a FQ as a snowball in h---
I just get so much from all who are on this journey to a healthy life.
Hugs to all
Gail
Great! You won't be sorry! They work!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by nancia
i see why everyone was upset not to have heard from you. you are amazing! i'd proudly walk next to you on your journey. i know the surgery is no easy fix. 2 of my best friends have had it done, both were successful in losing the weight but it was definitely tough. one was my best friend from hi school. she died 2 weeks ago from a heart attack while getting chemotherapy. i am so glad you've taken control of your life, and even tho' we're "new" friends, i'm with you, and i appreciate your telling your story and your support. best of the best, missy!
xylie, i 'm so sorry your step=daughter couldn't connect with us. we're not miracle workers, but i do think the positive power of love and caring has an effect. sorry for your pain and loss, nanci
Amazing? Wow. I would never have thought of myself that way. I just simply think of me being me. I have not had an easy time in this life but things are rolling in a great way for me now. I feel so thankful that my life has been spared to this point so that I could change my life and get healthy.

I know that God has rewarded me for my work by bringing my girlfriend Cathie into my life. She is incredible and truly is my soul mate and I could not imagine my life without her in it. I am seeing clearly that at different points on my journey I am finding rewards and gifts from God. I believe that we all have that available to us as we travel down our highways in life.

I think that people imagine that when you are almost 500 pounds that you smell and are a slovenly person that eats nonstop all day long. Not true. I also have heard people say to my face that I am disgusting because of my hanging belly or my huge butt. I might be disgusting to them but to those that know me and love me, I am beautiful. When I look in the mirror I see cheekbones now and I see dimples and I can really see my eyes that change colors. I love what I see now. Not because I have the body of a supermodel but because I know that there is joy in the journey and whether I goof up at a meal or I don't go to the gym I am still so happy to be on this journey. I am so thankful that my surgeon set concrete goals for me before he would do the surgery. I am so thankful that for the first time in 10 years I am wearing a size 4X in pants instead of the 7X I was wearing 3 months ago. I am SO excited that I can wear real athletic shoes with socks and I do not need any help getting them on and tied. I can fasten my own bra. I can clean myself. I can do my hair and look pretty. I can put on my make up and love what I see. I can stand up and wash dishes now instead of dragging a chair up to the sink. I can drive my car. I am no longer in a wheelchair. I can walk without a walker. I can go downstairs to our basement and walk back upstairs without taking a break and many more things.

Anyway...I got off track. I would love to hear what some of you are able to do now that you could not do or could not do easily since you started on your journeys.

I hope you have a great night! :)

Missy
Well,you go girl.Those poor souls are miserable in their own lives.It boomeranged right back at them,didn't it!Your happy and no matter what they do or say,they can NOT rain on your parade.I'd look at them real comassionatly and ask 'what happened?'
Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i see why everyone was upset not to have heard from you. you are amazing! i'd proudly walk next to you on your journey. i know the surgery is no easy fix. 2 of my best friends have had it done, both were successful in losing the weight but it was definitely tough. one was my best friend from hi school. she died 2 weeks ago from a heart attack while getting chemotherapy. i am so glad you've taken control of your life, and even tho' we're "new" friends, i'm with you, and i appreciate your telling your story and your support. best of the best, missy!
xylie, i 'm so sorry your step=daughter couldn't connect with us. we're not miracle workers, but i do think the positive power of love and caring has an effect. sorry for your pain and loss, nanci
Thanks,I am lucky to have found you all and this thread.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Had a somewhat bad day. Had to get up early to take DH to the airport. stopped to feed the kids at a crackerbarrel. Ate more then I should, but left more then half behind, so I still think that's a victory! Plus I've got my last two workouts with my trainer I was working with during the semester, so I know he'll make me work it off!
At least you left half behind.That is a victory.So,good job!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Had a somewhat bad day. Had to get up early to take DH to the airport. stopped to feed the kids at a crackerbarrel. Ate more then I should, but left more then half behind, so I still think that's a victory! Plus I've got my last two workouts with my trainer I was working with during the semester, so I know he'll make me work it off!
I can't imagine how difficult it is to follow a weight-loss programme when at the same time you have to provide the meals for a family. All of you in the same situation have my admiration. It makes me realize how much easier my own situation actually is.
My only "disadvantage" - and I wouldn't really call this a disadvantage :lol: - is my boyfriend who is a divine cook, and at the same time does such a lot of sports, weight-lifting exercise and hard work that he can eat absolutely everything without gaining any weight. I gained more than 20 pounds since I met him a little more than a year ago and sometimes feel utterly flabby beside his perfect body (imagine da Vinci's Vitruvian Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man and you get the idea).

Anyway, this topic really helps to get and keep me going and I decided to drop wine as drink (plus any other alcohol, of course) and only allow myself some when we have guests or are invited.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 AM

Missy,
Thank you for sharing your journey, you are an amazing woman. You are full of determination and will be successful. I am happy you have found your soul mate.

I weight in this morning, am down once again. I have lost 6 lbs so far this month. I am excited. I will now have to pick up and increase the exercise in my daily routine.

Everyone keep sharing your stories, the struggles, challanges and victories helps all of us.

Have a blessed day.
Cindy
Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Missy,
Thank you for sharing your journey, you are an amazing woman. You are full of determination and will be successful. I am happy you have found your soul mate.

I weight in this morning, am down once again. I have lost 6 lbs so far this month. I am excited. I will now have to pick up and increase the exercise in my daily routine.

Everyone keep sharing your stories, the struggles, challanges and victories helps all of us.

Have a blessed day.
Cindy
Thank you so much Cindy!

Way to go on the 6 pounds lost!! That is awesome! Keep on keeping on!! Before you know it you will have lost a bunch by the end of the month!

Missy
Old 06-06-2011, 05:40 AM

Missy, I love reading about your journey and look forward to following your blog. I finally remembered to look for the weight loss threads to see if you'd had the surgery yet! Your determination and positive attitude are definitely inspiring. An aunt of mine was in the 400+ category, she lived with us for a time and I remember quite well some of her challenges.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Good Morning all,

The girls and I are finally defeating the evil summer colds we had acquired. I'm feeling so much better that I'm already starting to nag them for leaving stuff all over my house. I'm not one to nag about messy bedrooms, but when it starts to ooze out into the common rooms, that's when I start demanding cleanliness.

Yesterday, I was so overdosed on coughdrops that I had no appetite for anything. I pretty much had coughdrops and water for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It's supposed to be nice and warm today, so I'm going to pull out the grill and bbq. Burgers for them, veggies for me. Still have a ton of limbs to pick up from our storm so looks like a day to spend outside.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
Missy, I love reading about your journey and look forward to following your blog. I finally remembered to look for the weight loss threads to see if you'd had the surgery yet! Your determination and positive attitude are definitely inspiring. An aunt of mine was in the 400+ category, she lived with us for a time and I remember quite well some of her challenges.
Oh thank you so much!! It really is amazing that I have had the surgery finally after all this time of working towards it.

Missy