Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"? >

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 AM

I had promised myself that I would work on tracing my images for my stained glass quilting projects for at least 15 minutes a day. Haven't been keeping my promise and have only put in 18 minutes into my current template, which if I had been sticking to my goal I would've had a full hour put into it by now. Last night at work I told myself that I was going to work on it for 30 minutes. Think I did it? No. Instead I watched Blood+ for three hours. My excuse being that I had a bad day at work (management was riding my behind all day and had to box up all the overstock from the new battery mod because the people who did it were too LAZY to do it themselves) and that it was hot in the room so I wasn't about to fire up the light box to trace images (but turning on the Xbox and TV so can watch episodes on Netflix is ok :roll: )
Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Pat P - please send us some of your raindrops! Its really dry here. Yesterday a brush fire a couple of lots over got out of hand and was burning right next to my daughters property. There was a bulldozed 6-8 ft path all around it but last night a tree really close was blazing up pretty scary. Took DGS home with me to spend the night as he kept wanting to get closer to 'the hot fire'.
I don't know if you meant Pat P or Pat G but I'm going to respond anyway. Here in Western Wash. it's been a very wet yr. We finally had 2 days in 70s but is supposed to rain in a cpl. of days again.

As much as we complain about the rain, that's why we have such a beaut. green place to live. It still beats the 90s & 100s with high humidity. We rarely have humidity.

When it rains, I give myself permission to just sew since I can't work outdoors. Ok, don't mention the inside. I'm always looking for excuses not to clean inside. I give it a lick & a promise then head back to the sew. mach. My house is always in order but when my mach. calls I have to ans. the call.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by suzm
I just can't handle the mess in my sewing room. Still working on getting it "fixed", seems the more I do the further behind I get...
ME TOO. Managed to get a couple of QOV's done but not much else.
Spring passed us by in Oregon and we finally have summer. Maybe thats what happened.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Raising my hand and waving it around. It couldn't be me, it must be the weather.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Hi, you gals are complaining about the heat. Well, I'm from Oregon and I haven't been warm since last August. The weather has been miserable, cold and rainy. However, wonderful sewing weather. Barbara
Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM

OH MY!! Such good news to hear!! I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Thought I was sick or something. Even went to my family medical book to look up the cause but didn't know what to look under! Thought maybe I needed a doctor or some pills. How long does it last? Is there a quick fix? What does a quilter do?? OH MY!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM

If I have to many projects I too get overwhelmed ,then when I have completed just one I feel so much better. I am good at starting not so good at finishing.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
KLO

Yes, it's hard to think about quilting, knitting, or crocheting when the weather is hot.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Yes Yes Yes to your question I am having that same problem I have so many projest I want to do I am overwhelmed. Just taking it day by day right now.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Overwhelmed. The story of my life.