Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I knew this might happen. >

I knew this might happen.

I knew this might happen.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM

If you still can't fix it yourself, I'd take it back to where you bought it and explain to them what happened and see if they can get it to work.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM

OH DRATS! That is just terrible. Do you think it is the tip of the needles in there?

IF you just bought it, do you have that 90 days (or one year) warranty.

Take the bobbin area apart. Clean it and try again. Might work, and cost nothing. PLEASE let us know what comes of this.

Julie
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

If you only bought the machine on Mother's Day it should still be under warranty so bring it back to where you bought it and they should be able to fix it without charge. Just they them that the needle broke and you can get it to sew again because that's what really happened.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 PM

I also purchased a Brother 1/4 inch foot for my machine. I ended up writing on a notecard and taping it to the machine reminding myself to center the needle as the default setting is to the left when I turn the machine on. Good luck!
Tulip
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 AM

Honestly, I hardly ever use the needle threader device that is on my Brother. It's easier to just thread the needle by hand. IF it sews ok without using it, thread it by hand. Unfortunately, I broke a needle also and it threw the timing off. Computerized machines are great, but there are times when the old stand-bys seem to be hassle-free.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 AM

Are you sure you got all of the needle bits out of the machine? A friend had a similar problem and she did not notice one bit of the old needle was stuck in the dogs.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 AM

I have a baby lock elsimo. I did that in November. It was in the shop for 3 weeks. The bill was over $100.00. It has been fine until last week. It just stopped stitching, so it is back to the repair shop. I have no idea how long it will be there or how much it will cost this time.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:48 AM

I have a Brother SQ9000. It also had left position as the norm; however, I read the manual and reprogrammed it to have the center position be the norm. It always comes on in the center position now. It was easy.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 AM

Sorry for your troubles. Been there too.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 AM

Can you move your needle from left to right to center, like you do when making buttonholes or Zig zag stitches? Look in your instruction book how to take out the bobbin assembly. It is a good thing to know how to do even without a problem.
I can't believe anything is really broken but take it to the shop where you got it and ask for help and an estimate if they want to charge you for looking at it. Since it is this new, they will probably fix it for nothing and I hope it is only a thread lock in the bobbin or a piece of the needle stuck.
I don't have any luck threading my needle with the threader, get done faster doing it by sight and hand.

Carol J.