Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question >

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 AM

This fibro is a terrible thing and very misunderstood by the general population.

I suffer so much and I have Restless Leg Syndrome as well.
As my kitty walks on me to get into my lap, almost scream with her touch causing pain.

I am on Cymbalta and on gambapenta but I am not sure if either one of those medicines help.

Have any of you experienced "fibrofog?" I haven't seen any one commenting on that yet.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by coolcat
This fibro is a terrible thing and very misunderstood by the general population.

I suffer so much and I have Restless Leg Syndrome as well.
As my kitty walks on me to get into my lap, almost scream with her touch causing pain.

I am on Cymbalta and on gambapenta but I am not sure if either one of those medicines help.

Have any of you experienced "fibrofog?" I haven't seen any one commenting on that yet.
Fibrofog is the worst! I am a teacher and dread those foggy days and fear them if I have to make a presentation to adults. Cymbalta really helped me, but my liver didn't like it, so I can't take it. Now I am on Neurontin - it helps but doesn't fully control. I know what you mean about your kitty causing pain by just getting in your lap! I just tell myself that Kitty is trying to help!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM

My dr. finally diagnosed me w/Fibro after years of lower back and hip pain...not to mention pains in various parts of my body that would last from 1 week to several months. Something would just start hurting (bad) one day and then at some point stop. It was very confusing! The dr. put me on a low dose of Cymbalta and it seems to help. I sleep better now but the weather does affect me. When I start hurting too bad I take some Ibuprophin in addition to the Cymbalta to get me through the day.

Diannia
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM

two things; try magnesium and also calcium. you should get your levels checked. my sister started getting restless leg syn. when she stopped taking calcium and mine stopped being a bother at night when I started taking magnesium and calcium.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:32 AM

my sister would also get bad headaches from it; she is like me now and will only use splenda blend or just splenda; it comes from a natural source. stevia is good but alot sweeter than normal sugar is. years ago my sister had tried for 5 yrs to get pregnant and couldn't even had surgery. she stopped doing any sodas just to see if she'd feel better and she got pregnant. she has two grown kids now and the only time she got pregnant was when she'd stop drinking diet sodas. she never took birth control pills in the past 30+ years.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 AM

I have fibro and if I get too hot I get severe chest pains and can't breathe-its like anaphlactic shock, scares me, I love to work in the yard can't do that until about fall, it gets too hot here in Kentucky.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 AM

I hope this doesn't get deleted. Fibro pain is just that - PAIN - Try using Cobroxin oral spray for a while. It really does work
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by coolcat
This fibro is a terrible thing and very Have any of you experienced "fibrofog?" I haven't seen any one commenting on that yet.
Oh yes, Fibro Fog is the worse!! I'm use to working with numbers and find I can't even comprehend them when I'm in a Fibro Fog. I stammer out words and make no sense. I'll start talking and totally lose my thoughts...just like they float away!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Fascinating! I have FM and find that I have flares when there is a barometric change, emotional stress (a killer), and cold. I keep a sweater in the car so I can go in the cold sections of the grocery store. I've read that FM is usually preceded by a sleep disorder. I have restless leg syndrome, and finally had a sleep study done. If you do not get enough REM sleep, your body does not secrete the hormone that mends the wears & tears in you muscles.
There are days that I just can't go or do.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 AM

The weather is not my problem but the humity is the killer-
I live in the the South, MS, to be exact and it is awful here.
I stay in during the day as much as possible except for 10 minutes in the am & pm to get my Vit. D. sunshine dose, :)

I feel for you girl---