Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please don't kick me out of the club..... >

Please don't kick me out of the club.....

Please don't kick me out of the club.....

Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM

Not by a long chalk I am just like you . I go to a fabric out let and promise myself I WILL NOT buy any thing ,Huh,pigs might fly.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 AM

I am a fairly new member of the quiltaholics club. I used to be a bookaholic member... lol ... No cure for either.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
Are you talking about me???? I have and feel exactly the same.
Me too. I start one thing, see another, start that, see what it will look like and then start another. I have a terrible time finishing any one project unless I have too.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 AM

Crabby Patty has the right idea. As long as I can still get in there. The one thing I feel good about is when someone needs a certain fabric and I can give it to them. I do have too much, but when I need a certain fabric (solid), I have to go buy it. Never think about getting solids.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm to the point right now where something I wanted all my life three years ago has lost its charm (to me).

I'm considering a local quilter's exchange. It might be fun. There's a little shop in town with a large yard that would be perfect for it. It would bring them more business for the day too. Win:Win!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

If we kicked you out of the club there wouldn't be any club! LOL :D
PS. Every time I have a new project going my DH just asks me what I'm making now. He either forgets the others or he's just used to me LOL
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 0tis
Ok, I hope I don't get blacklisted - but can you ever have too much fabric? and too many patterns? I have so much fabric and so many ideas - I don't know where to start - its like I can't keep on track - I keep changing my mind. I guess its really a good thing - just wondered if I am the only one.
oh heavens yes.....so now, try swapping with others to get NEW things, or make some kits up and work on those first before you think of NEW things...

I am set for life...really...maybe two lives!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I was demonstrating at the weekend when a visitor asked me if I have a stash. She told me she had a SABLE.....
Stash
Above
&
Beyond
Life
Expectancy.

Now I think I have a Sable too.
Love it! - - - That is cute!

Mary
Old 06-08-2011, 08:32 AM

You have too much if you haven't used it all on the day you die! (lol) Solution is to leave the unused portion to someone who will treasure it as much as you do in your will.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by redmadder
As one who can change projects between the sewing machine and the ironing board, I devised a system. If something has a deadline, it gets assigned a block of time every day that will see it finished. I choose a project that's getting stagnant and assign it 20 minutes a day. Otherwise I'm a will of the wisp, working on what I feel like.

Short answer: Never too much and future generations will finish what I don't get to. Besides I finish more than most people ever start.

By the way MG, where are those yard sales. Never see anything like fabric around here.
I like that "BTW I finish more than most people start. I would then add so don't give me a hard time about how many UFOs are on my list. As I tell my family and co- workers when they ask Dumb questions like did you ever finish the blue and white one from that cruise in 2004? You need to get a life as you have way too much Info about my life floating around in your head and if I am taking items off my UFO list it might be the secret quilt or wallhanging I am doing for you so don't mess with me. LOL! all in good humor but it shuts em up.