Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question >

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Mine is rearing its ugly head.Seems to be worse in the heat...Im running on will power here.Do any of you notice how the weather affects you???
I agree with everyone!!! Excercise is very impt!!! Barometric pressure has a great deal to do with it. Our humidity in FL is awful today, my knees hurt and my back, I had steroid shots on Tuesday and my back is still aching. I dont like to take pain meds, unless I reallllly have to.I have had this disease since I was 11 yrs old, and never found out until my early 40's. Drs, thought I had arthritis only, then Hodgkins Disease, when I had a flare up really bad, they checked for MS Lupus and other stuff. Its hell for a lot of us. We just have to do what we can when we can and if it hurts dont do it. LOL!!! Have a great day anyway.
Linda King
Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

This has been a very informative post. Thank you for the question and LOTS of wonderful info.
Swear, I pay for anything with aspertain. and humidity, and cold water temperatures, and over duing.

But, I have parkinson's, was first diagnosed with Fibro and then more symptoms showed.

you all be good to yourself. Over doing is so easy.. Very easy. There is not real click (stop) flash for us to now we have over done.

Good luck to you all !

Ell
Old 06-08-2011, 09:13 AM

mine flares in cold and damp weather mostly-or when I over do
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
Stretch, stretch and stretch some more. Have you tried massage? It ain't cheap but I've found it helpful. Staying fit between flares is important. I've found changes in atmospheric pressure to be a problem for both fibro and arthritis. Mild exercise on a regular basis is essential.
cold damp weather is worse for me.But everyday is a new day!
We just have to do the best we can.
train kitty ,she can only come on your lap if they are covered by a quilt,I use my rag quilt works wonders.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM

I call myself the 'human barometer'!! I can actually tell when the weather is going for a downturn.. the pain arrives! I agree humidity + moisture + cold =MISERY!! I LOVE warm dry heat it feels so good to my body, so soothing for me.
I am also on Cymbalta and take Ibuprofen when the pain comes.
I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:55 AM

RLS just started for me, how awful I was up all night with it last week I get such anxiety with it maybe a tranquilers will help. I take cymbalta 90 mg, and tramadol 2x's aday.Fibro is a real killer. Had no idea all these years. Does it ever go away?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 AM

I have polymyalgia rhumatica, different than fibro. but still hurt all the time. The weather does effect it. I was on prednisone for a while, had to go off of it and can't be on it anymore. Rest is important. If anyone knows of anything other than over the counter pain relief I would like to know.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Try the tramadol
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM

As a medical professional, I have it also. Wellbutrin 150mg a anit depressant helps. I also take celebrex 200mg at night. A hot tub helps to relax muscles. When someone ticks you off this stress tightens muscles, mine is in the neck back. The muscles will not totally relax. The next agorvation accures bang again, tighten, not much relaxation of the muscle. As a ministers wife, I have found that bidderness, unforgiveness modavates this. So we, our minds stress the muscles. I have found to totally to forgive, and dump the bidderness by never thinking about the wrong that was done to me. Rehassings, keeps it stirred up. If a bad memory starts a thought, pray get out of my mind you stinken think'in leave in Jesus name. Ladyilene
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
I call myself the 'human barometer'!! I can actually tell when the weather is going for a downturn.. the pain arrives! I agree humidity + moisture + cold =MISERY!! I LOVE warm dry heat it feels so good to my body, so soothing for me.
I am also on Cymbalta and take Ibuprofen when the pain comes.
I hope you feel better soon.
After 20 yrs of pain & all types of medicine, I will have to say that Cymbalta has been my life saver----I was an experiment when it first came out---They now advertise it for pain---God Bless all who suffer--