Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question >

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Those with Fibromyalgia ,,,question

Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 PM

In 1990 Was the first time Fibro hit me real bad. had to get nerve block injection every 6 wks in the wintertime. On 2020 news program they talked about silver mercury dental fillings are poisioning people. I had them all my life, but only 6 left, had them removed and recovered, after getting chelation therapy. This is an IV that removes heavy metals, hospitalazation does not pay for it, cost about $100.00 a treatment, need 20 treatments. Chelation therapy also cleans out clogged arteries and viens, even in the brain. I went back to medical school, did get a A in Physics. Heavy metals can be tested by hair samples. Also being 62 now all us baby boomers ate ddt friut & veg that was sprayed with this bug killer.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
The heat zaps me. I get hot/overheated and it can take hours for me to get back to normal.
=D
You are the only other person I've found like me! I can't do indoor pools or hot tubs because I get overheated so easily and then I'm miserable.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM

In 1990 Was the first time Fibro hit me real bad. had to get nerve block injection every 6 wks in the wintertime. On 2020 news program they talked about silver mercury dental fillings are poisioning people. I had them all my life, but only 6 left, had them removed and recovered, after getting chelation therapy. This is an IV that removes heavy metals, hospitalazation does not pay for it, cost about $100.00 a treatment, need 20 treatments. Chelation therapy also cleans out clogged arteries and viens, even in the brain. I went back to medical school, did get a A in Physics. Heavy metals can be tested by hair samples. Also being 62 now all us baby boomers ate ddt friut & veg that was sprayed with this bug killer.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM

Old 06-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by LADYILENE
So, are you saying your fibro went away after removing the silver fillings and chelation therapy? Geez - I have a whole mouth full of silver mercury dental fillings! :shock:
Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 PM

What is fibro-fog?I have never head of it. It is that feeling I get that I can't think or even put two and two together. Is it the reason that I sometimes have trouble doing what I love and that's quilting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some patterns, but yet on those days I couldn't count to ten if given the chance.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 PM

I was dx'd with fibro in the late 70's when most dr's had not even heard of it. Support groups are wonderful. I have been on neurontin and lots of other meds. Luckily I am not feeling too badly right now. The humidity is the worst. I just feel so washed out. It will be a long summer :)
Originally Posted by Riversong
Mine is rearing its ugly head.Seems to be worse in the heat...Im running on will power here.Do any of you notice how the weather affects you???
Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by catray
What is fibro-fog?I have never head of it. It is that feeling I get that I can't think or even put two and two together. Is it the reason that I sometimes have trouble doing what I love and that's quilting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some patterns, but yet on those days I couldn't count to ten if given the chance.
That is exactly what fibro fog is!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:45 PM

no one has mentioned lyrica. it is wonderful for me. i still have flares, but on a daily basis i can usually function at some level. if i don't take the lyrica it's too painful to get out of bed, roll over, cuddle with a cat, etc.
it's comforting to know that the stuff i've been dealing with since hi school (when i was considered a neurotic) is as real as you and me. i'm sorry for all our pain, but i'm sick to death of the stupidity in the medical profession. if they can't cure it or at least treat it they say it doesn't exist. bull fwacky!!! in that case i want full coverage from the insurance companies who won't cover you if you have fibro. can't have it both ways. we're not talking easter bunny here. we're talking a major malfunction of the body.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by catray
Was told I had fibromyalgia years ago. I think now it has started to bother me also. Sleep but get no rest and loss of the ability to eat. As in not hungry at all and food makes me ill sometimes to look at it. Question is do any of you get uncontrollable headaches with this thing? And how long do they last? Have tried round of all types of pain, antidepressent and other meds. But does't help. Am really tired of this merry-go-round.
Never had headaches brought on with the FMS..diagnosed 1982.i am blessed..
i just started having IBS..this is new for me..it can come with the FMS. have to tell the doc.
my biggest issues are, the memory or fibro fog..and the aching,sleep..

my friend told me today..that her migrines cleared up when she went on the atkins diet..(getting rid of the carbs.) i am sure it is a personal thing..diets,and what works for who.

see if shot of the terdol would help you..now sure of the spelling, but it is an anti-inflamatory.