Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I got my package today from my Secret Pal but there was not card so I still don't know who to thank! I love everything in it!
I collect wooden cigar boxes and I love the wooden box!! The fabrics are my colors and my style and the little bottle is my favorite piece! I collect small bottles. I collect far too much stuff if the truth be known! But my mom is a collector so I get it honestly.

She sent Chocolate licorice which I love licorice! and a really pretty hand made? necklace. It has several colors of blues and greens swirled and pulled out together. Really pretty! I have never had a pair of scissors like these. They look like they would be easy on the hands. I am hard on scissors so this is a really good thing for me!
The stationary I have seen and have thought about getting but never did! Now I have something I can use to write notes in return! Oh and the heart pincushion is terrific! I love the way it is made with strips. and the tissue holde is made with butterfly and ladybug fabric. Two of my favorite things. Thanks to my SP you hit everything right on the nail for me! I loved getting this surprise in the mail this morning!!
That's an awesome package you got!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Back from vacation... SP package ready to mail tomorrow... going south and west of me...
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
My SP package probably won't go out until the 13th-15th. Still making something and got to get a few other things. You don't get much for $10.00. I think that is the hardest part. Everything I pick up is more expensive, and I would like to send a variety of items. Anyway, still working on it. Hopefully next month I can do better, will have to starting buying ahead, but want to keep my pkg as personal as I can. I think I am going to start a binder to keep track of each secret pal I am doing and also the sp that gets me. I will put in the printout of their likes/dislikes, a small mapquest map showing route from my town to theirs, postcards, and a pic of what I sent/recieve,etc. It will be fun to see where I travel.
I've been doing that since I joined the swaps.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
Mine went out today. I heard the carrier groan when he picked it up! Than goodness for flat rate boxes! I will watch for it to be delivered Wednesday or Thursday. It is going East.
BOY OH BOY Qwiltylady you weren't kidding. I couldn't beleive it when I picked up the box. I was really heavy. My puppy dog loved it though, there was a big box of milkbones just for him. I couldn't have asked for anything better, there was Sixlets, Jawbreakers and Bottlecaps (All my favorite candies). A (Handmade?) necklace and matching earrings in a pretty teal green color. (I love it!!!). There were seven (yes seven) 1/2 yard pieces of fabric and a hand towel for me to embroider. There was also an awesome quiltbook. I can't thank you enough Qwiltylady!!!! How lucky am I??????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-208774.jpe
Views:	60
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	208780  
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM

Nice
Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
My SP package probably won't go out until the 13th-15th. Still making something and got to get a few other things. You don't get much for $10.00. I think that is the hardest part. Everything I pick up is more expensive, and I would like to send a variety of items. Anyway, still working on it. Hopefully next month I can do better, will have to starting buying ahead, but want to keep my pkg as personal as I can. I think I am going to start a binder to keep track of each secret pal I am doing and also the sp that gets me. I will put in the printout of their likes/dislikes, a small mapquest map showing route from my town to theirs, postcards, and a pic of what I sent/recieve,etc. It will be fun to see where I travel.
I've been doing that since I joined the swaps.
I always get copies of my pictures to look back as a reference for ideas to put in packages.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by fidgety
Well after spending the night in the Er and not being able to move to much on monday and tues, I hope to get my SP package together today and send it out on friday. it is going to the "Big State".....
OHOH the 'big state' could that mean ME....in TEXAS??? huh?huh? :)
Old 06-08-2011, 03:58 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Just checked my tracking infor and it shows my SP got her pkg today!!! Just mailed it Monday so that was quick, but then it really did not have too far to go.....
Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I got my package today from my Secret Pal but there was not card so I still don't know who to thank! I love everything in it!
I collect wooden cigar boxes and I love the wooden box!! The fabrics are my colors and my style and the little bottle is my favorite piece! I collect small bottles. I collect far too much stuff if the truth be known! But my mom is a collector so I get it honestly.

She sent Chocolate licorice which I love licorice! and a really pretty hand made? necklace. It has several colors of blues and greens swirled and pulled out together. Really pretty! I have never had a pair of scissors like these. They look like they would be easy on the hands. I am hard on scissors so this is a really good thing for me!
The stationary I have seen and have thought about getting but never did! Now I have something I can use to write notes in return! Oh and the heart pincushion is terrific! I love the way it is made with strips. and the tissue holde is made with butterfly and ladybug fabric. Two of my favorite things. Thanks to my SP you hit everything right on the nail for me! I loved getting this surprise in the mail this morning!!

You might want to drop Lori a PM and let her know and she can get the name of the SP who sent the package to you.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
You might want to drop Lori a PM and let her know and she can get the name of the SP who sent the package to you.
Good idea. Why didn't I think of that? LOL Thanks for the suggestion.