Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!"   June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed*** >

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 AM

OK, I have to go home tonight and see how many CW fabrics I have that I can get the 12 squares out of. Then I'll post how many sets. I LOVE these fabrics! Hugs, Mary B MS
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Received my fabric today, it's beautiful.
I have never seen Civil War fabric before and was so surprised at how beautiful it is.
I'm doing the happy dance, looking forward to making a quilt out of this material.
This is the first time that I've done a fabric swap, but it's not going to be the last.

This is such a great idea, thank you for doing it.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:14 AM

Glad grandmother is doing well and your back with your family.
I would like to join the swap again this month with 3 sets.
Sending pm
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I have never seen Civil War fabric before and was so surprised at how beautiful it is.
I'm doing the happy dance, looking forward to making a quilt out of this material.
This is the first time that I've done a fabric swap, but it's not going to be the last.

where did you get it from? I was looking on several websites for civil war fabric. I've never ordered online before. I think some of the brands were Marcus Brothers, Windham and Moda to name a few. The prices were $5-$8, I don't know how much shipping would be. The fabrics were beautiful. I really want to do this swap so need too hurry up and order the fabric so I don't miss the deadline :)
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady

where did you get it from? I was looking on several websites for civil war fabric. I've never ordered online before. I think some of the brands were Marcus Brothers, Windham and Moda to name a few. The prices were $5-$8, I don't know how much shipping would be. The fabrics were beautiful. I really want to do this swap so need too hurry up and order the fabric so I don't miss the deadline :)
I use fabric.com a lot. If you spend $35 in fabric, you get free shipping!!! :)
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 AM

I ordered from thousands of bolts, you need to pay for shipping, but I thought the prices and quality was great.
http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...t.searchByName
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM

I ended up getting from thousands of bolts only because I was not getting alot of fabric otherwise I probably will go with the one w/ free shipping if ordering a lot. ToB had my package shipped in just over an hour! :) so I should have my fabric in time to send in by the deadline if nothing happens along the way!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM

they actually came in the mail today. I ordered them after 1pm yesterday! I was surprised that they did not have them in a plastic bag, just fabric right in the flat rate envelope. Is that how most places ship? This was the first time I ordered fabric online.
I should be able to cut them up tomorrow and get them in the mail earlier than expected. They are beautiful. I love this swap.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:14 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

they actually came in the mail today. I ordered them after 1pm yesterday! I was surprised that they did not have them in a plastic bag, just fabric right in the flat rate envelope. Is that how most places ship? This was the first time I ordered fabric online.
I should be able to cut them up tomorrow and get them in the mail earlier than expected. They are beautiful. I love this swap.
Glad they arrived..

and I ordered from eQUILTERS and my fabric was wrapped in tissue.. thought it was odd but it arrived as packed..
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Mine came in a plastic shipping envelop, I didn't give it a thought about not being in a plastic bag...what do I know.