Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK, It's June.... >

OK, It's June....

OK, It's June....

Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Besides ideas, I've sewn 20 coffee cozies, made 2 dozen eyeglass holder straps and quick things. I'm in the process now of trying my hand at making one of those covered tv tray ironing boards for a couple of gifts. So no quilting projects in the process for Christmas gifts but those things made are for office co-worker type gifts. I purchased a few items like a boy's comforter set and a boy's twin sheet set from Ross which will also be used as a Christmas or Birthday gift (which ever comes first). So Christmas crafting and such is in full swing in my household. It's an all year long process as many things are shipped out-of-state for gift giving.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
Besides ideas, I've sewn 20 coffee cozies, made 2 dozen eyeglass holder straps and quick things. I'm in the process now of trying my hand at making one of those covered tv tray ironing boards for a couple of gifts. So no quilting projects in the process for Christmas gifts but those things made are for office co-worker type gifts. I purchased a few items like a boy's comforter set and a boy's twin sheet set from Ross which will also be used as a Christmas or Birthday gift (which ever comes first). So Christmas crafting and such is in full swing in my household. It's an all year long process as many things are shipped out-of-state for gift giving.
Those sound like really neat things. Can you share the pattern or post a picture? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Yup.......started in January. No, I'm not crazy.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:21 PM

I bought some green batik to do a Christmas Wreath featured in F & P several years ago. I have the background, backing and bow fabric. Now to put it all together, should be done before end of summer.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM

I am still working on a table runner that I bought the fabric for last Christmas...its for myself and that means its always last. Think this year I will give them gift cards...LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 01:44 PM

ha ha... I actually HAVE started to think about this!! sheesh... can't believe I admitted that!!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM

I am still trying to get motivated to finish my daughters quilt...sad thing is I have no excuse. :?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM

I have one top completed, not quilted but the pillowcase is done. I have the fabric for another, another has all fabric except backing and the 4th one hopefully have the fabric and pattern, but not totally sure yet. I have to make at least one queen quilt before August and my new Gs quilt before we go see him. He's due in /
sept, the shower is this Sunday and I didn't have anything ready to send for DIL to open from me. bad Grandma! So I have a lot to do before Christmas.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

I'm going to finish 4 Christmas stockings and one tree skirt all done with just patches, 6" for the tree skirt and 3" for the stockings. Tried to finish them for Christmas for my son and new daughter-in-law last Christmas, but ran out of energy and time (we had just moved from a 3-bedroom house to a 2 -bedroom apt. in June, so hard to find things that I needed and wanted-despite my good intentions). When I showed them the stocking, they both said I had to make it smaller, and I will. I just have to figure out how to line it and put a cuff on it with their names, as the back will be a prequilted green fabric I had in my stash from my sister. Any ideas? I made 4 stockings, even though they only have Zoe (just turned one), but a grandmother can hope for another grandchild can't she? I didn't finish them all, but my plan was to make placemats for the 4 seasons and different holidays, as they preferred placemats to table runners. We are both on SS, with hubby disabled, so there is no money, but I have my fabric stash that should come in handy. Hope I gave you a couple of ideas.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Spartan Quilter,

What is a lap robe?