Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Wondering about the connection >

Wondering about the connection

Wondering about the connection

Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 AM

No, we have beagles and an ancient australian shepherd (she is almost 17) - hunting dogs (not!) and sheepherding dogs (also not!) so cats are not recommended :-)
Mostly my 3 dogs enforce the three foot rule- If Mom is in the house, at least one dog needs to be within 3 feet at all times! :-)
they are very big on being couch potatoes and love cookies
Old 06-08-2011, 11:37 AM

I'm a cat person no doubt. My last cat, Rhett, who died a few years back from stomach cancer was the Ultimate cat. He slept with me with his head on the other pillow, we held "paws" at night. He would get up and go pee pee DOWN the bathtub drain, get a drink of water, get back in bed with me and Burp! Such a guy ! He loved water. When I was in the shower he would get on the side of the tub and walk around, enjoying the mist. When I took a bubble bath he would get on the edge of the garden tub, hang his legs over in the water and play with the bubbles. When the doorbell rang he was always the first at the door to see who it might be. Sometmes when he was ornery I would have to put him on my shoulder, like a baby, while I vacuumed or washed dishes. I still miss that little buddy to this day.
I want another but afraid I won't find one as awesome as he was !
Old 06-08-2011, 11:49 AM

No cats for me and I am a quilting junkie.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM

dogs and guinea pigs
Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 AM

Sorry to hear of your recent loss of your fur friend. Please give yourself a little time and then find another kitten. When we lost Joey I had no desire to get another cat but within about a year we were blessed with about two "left behind" cats that lived in a storage barn next door which developed into a mass-production of several adult feral cats. Yes as you can guess that turned into litters and litters each spring. Most of them took up residence on our back porch along with their kittens. Each had a name and no organization would come and trap them. Finally one mother cat dumped her four newborns right beside our backporch steps. They grew up under the porch. Two died (got hit by cars) which left two. One day a pitbull passed thru our yard, killed one from another litter, Scampy ran up a tree and Peanut Butter was on the porch railing. I ran out and scooped up Peanut Butter and she became our indoor kitten along with Scampy once DH got her down out of the tree. We no longer have Scampy but Peanut Butter has become the queen of the household. We just love her. DH says she is the only cat that he has ever had that loves to have her tail pulled and stomach rubbed. We keep her inside but if she knows the screen door to the back deck is not locked, she will keep working at it until it opens and then she scoots out. Never thought I would ever want another but PB makes cleaning the two litter boxes every day worth it. So give yourself some time and then look around. Wishing you the best. :)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM

LOL...I frame pictures, and almost EVERY cross stitch that is brought in to frame I have to tell the customer that we will attempt to get as much cat hair out off the fabric as possible!

(and I have three!!)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I have had a cat for pet since I can remember. I love doggys, but cats are my favorite. We have 2 sweet furbabies. One is 12 and is showing her age lately. My heart breaks knowing I don't have much time left with her. My other furbaby stays by my side wherever I am. He is closer to me than my shadow. LOL!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 PM

I just love cats! :) I think a cat and a quilt go together and they are great inspectors!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:43 PM

Another dog vote here -- two pugs. I am like several others: deathly allergic to cats.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM

I've always wondered about that too. Quilts and cats seem to go together but I never figured out why.