Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Magazines >

Quilt Magazines

Quilt Magazines

Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Peckish, I bought some brand-new Australian Patchwork & Quilting mags on Ebay. I love them!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 PM

I subscribed to quite a few for about 5 years, either my own purchase or gifts received. I noticed, in all of them, that after about 2 years, they started to "recycle" the patterns they were publishing. Sorry, but taking the same block and making it in different colors doesn't constitute a new idea in my book. Several magazines have web sites where they have patterns available for free download. Or, if I see one that I do like, I will just buy the single issue. I dropped all the mags; the last one is set to expire this Fall. I do not plan on renewing any.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 AM

I have noticed I am accumulating too many, but I love them!

My favorites are Fons and Porter and Quilt
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 AM

I look at them when I get to the grocery but have a hard time spending over $6.00 for a magazine since DH has been laid off work. I wish my library would get quilt magazines!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:06 AM

I used to buy heaps. Have kept all of them and refer back frequently to check out patterns I have forgotten about. I don't buy too many now, mainly because there doesn't seem to be much new in them, and lots have pages and pages of adverts and not many projects!! I just buy now if something really catches my eye.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Marion T
I used to buy heaps. Have kept all of them and refer back frequently to check out patterns I have forgotten about. I don't buy too many now, mainly because there doesn't seem to be much new in them, and lots have pages and pages of adverts and not many projects!! I just buy now if something really catches my eye.
I agree.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 AM

I get Machine quilting unlimited and it is a great magazine. It has great articles about quilting and quilts. it is not a quilt pattern magazine, but I love it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 AM

I buy mine off the rack now and thats not very often. I felt like it was wasted money.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 AM

they seem to multiply LOL, have a closet full, once a year I haul to St. Vinnie's...they go fast
Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 AM

I am glad I am not the only one, I have had subscriptions to several the last couple of years but have not been renewing them since I am not really seeing anything new and exciting.