Warning...don't organize your stash! >

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by mannem
who are you kidding lololololol
ya lol -we are all junkies in some way-fabric is our drug of choice
Old 06-11-2011, 04:48 AM

That is so funny. Is there any of us that has not had that experience? I'm just going through that whole process. I found 2 quilt tops but my major find was unfinished potholders. Dozens of them. Guess I planned to finish them and show them at a craft show. Oh, well, I'll just finish them and someday will use them as a Pot Holder Swap.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
I'm a fabriholic!!!! AND I have no plan to stop!! BUT I am also a bargain hunter, for example I got an email from my LQS last night. At 9 this morning -all clearance fabric will be +40% off the price, plus clearance fat quarters will be $1. Flat folds (which they carry for backings) will be $3.99. Ask me who is going to be in front of the door when it opens? ME I need backing for a couple throw size tops, so will I save the $$ to get there, you bet, do I have something in the stash that would probably work, probably, but that can be used when fabric price goes out of sight.
Wow...my LQS does not have prices that low! I guess it's a good thing I don't live near you! I just remembered this morning that I'm going to Kansas City next weekend where my favorite quilt shop is located (Quilter's Station in Lee's Summitt) I promised my sister to take here there as she's never been, but I won't spend any money. Because I also just remembered that the following weekend is the huge quilt show in Oklahoma City! Maybe if I go to the bank and take out JUST $XXX and have a limit it will be okay to spend just a little bit! Controlled spending.....after all the quilt show ONLY comes every two years!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Old hen
I have cardboard bolt boards full of fabric for complete quilts, binding and backing that number well over 40.......I also have a room full of stash including jelly rolls, layers cakes, etc., and don't feel guilty about it at all. It's my vice, but it keeps me happy and my quilting group ladies will inherit it and my numerous machines when I'm gone. None of my family members are interested in it, and my quilting girls can't wait for me to kick the bucket...............not true, they love me! I feel it's my way of compensating for many, many years of "family first".
I hear you! I would probably feel better if I weren't in such a cramped space. When I moved back to Oklahoma from the east coast, I moved from a 3,400 sq. ft. house with a huge sewing room to a small two bedroom duplex. I'm feeling a little cramped so when I try to clean and organize it's hard in such a small space. My sister just moved back from California and is staying with me so I think I feel quilty for having so much stuff! When she buys her own place, I believe I will line the extra bedroom with tall, white, storage cabinets to organize all of my crafts! Right now they are in large tupperware storage bins along the wall. Not very pretty, but at least they are organinzed now and I don't have to dig through so many bins to find what I'm looking for when I go hunting! I really envy those that have so much space they even have a long-arm machine! Someday......

Vanessa in Oklahoma
Old 06-11-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by pbreon
This is what I am talking about!!!!....... This blog is fantastic to be able to share our wooooooossss!!!! Just take a deep breath... count to ten ..... and begin to align the ready to go kits.... and just start one,by one...Now remember.... here on the blog.... we support you~
:oops:

( But if you decide to go shop at the LQS.... call me.... I will go with you.... (((( smiles& hugs)))))

~we are in this together~ :roll:
Okay...enabler! You are a good friend

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-11-2011, 05:07 AM

Hey, look at your new commitment! It might be a little overwhelming, but now you are going to use your resources and finish some beautiful things.

Isn't the stash sorting thing part of a 12 step?
Or at least, its counting blessings we already own, right?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:07 AM

Hey, look at your new commitment! It might be a little overwhelming, but now you are going to use your resources and finish some beautiful things.

Isn't the stash sorting thing part of a 12 step?
Or at least, its counting blessings we already own, right?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:11 AM

Okay...this is terrible, but last month when the tornados were so bad in this area I had the thought of "Maybe I should gather up my important papers and put them in a plastic bin and keep with me." Closley followed by..."I wonder if I have enough insurance to cover my sewing machines and fabric stash?" My mind wanders that way because I lived in Moore, Oklahoma where the 1999 and 2003 tornados hit my home and I had to rebuild both times. Then when I moved to the east coast a tornado ripped through the small town I lived in and took off a corner of my house and sheared off the tops of my pine trees on my acerage! So...my fear in loss was real...just don't know if the thought on the fabric loss was sane! Oh well, now you know how my mind works sometimes!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Plumtree
My name is Tammy and I'm a fabricholic, it has been only 3 days since my last purchase and no I haven't used anything from that purchase yet.

I have at least 10 stacks of fabric with pattern atop waiting but keep shopping for new projects then have ADHD deciding what to do, which leads to more fabric. It doesnt' help me much that I have a JoAnnes, Hancocks and 2 LQS within 10 miles of my house

Know that you are not alone lol, we are with you.
I'm with you there.........it's only been a week for me and I haven't used anything from that purchase, and I have a JoAnn's, Hancock's, and 2 LQS within 1/4 mile of my house!!! It's hard to stay away...in fact, I plan on going again today. I can stop any time, I'm sure!!!!! NOT!!LOL
Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 AM

Let's hope no minister of finance will ever read these colomns