Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:48 AM

Well I am off to my Dear Jane class with 0 of my blocks for last month done.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Good Luck Rita's Mom!

I had my workout buddy over this morning. We did the 4mile walking workout, it was great and we both felt better. I know I was in a slump but can feel myself getting better! Here's to hoping to see some weight drop off the next time I'm on the scale!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:07 AM

I lost 3.8 lbs and gain 4 lbs this week. Ate the same as dd and she lost. I can't figure this out. I am beyond depressed. Beth in Co but in Ca right now
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 AM

swcrazzy, I know that feeling. My weight is truly stuck. So where so we go from here? Can't cut calories less than 1200, can't exercise any more than I do. I can increase my water consumption and add lemon, mint and cucumber. For some reason those help with the weight loss. I can stop eating at 8:00 pm. That one is hard, but it needs to be done. I can reduce my sugar consumption. Another hard one. I'm game if you are. Today is a new day and I'm starting over right now.

Rita's mom, life gets in the way altogether too often. You may a little behind on your Dear Jane, but you are saving young people from themselves. What's more important a quilt that will always be there or a life? I'm glad you went, even with unfinished blocks. I also can't imagine starting a dear Jane quilt. The small pieces scare me.

Today I get to deliver the Purple Person Warmer to the daughter who doesn't want a quilt. I think she'll change her mind. Then I need to start her daughter's Jewel Box for an upcoming wedding. Too bad cleaning house gets in the way of quilting. Another rainy day so I can't work outside. I need some sunshine!

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by swcrazzy
I lost 3.8 lbs and gain 4 lbs this week. Ate the same as dd and she lost. I can't figure this out. I am beyond depressed. Beth in Co but in Ca right now
Well don't feel bad.Your not alone.I was 163 yesterday,then 165 today.But I did eat a cup a soup and a lot of water last night.I think it is water retention.I took a water pill.If it don't go down pretty soon like by tomorrow, I am going on spirutien,period for 3 weeks.I never stayed at one spot so long before,In fact since I joined this board last month I lost 10 pounds.7 pounds last month,and 5 this month with a 2 pound up from yesterday,and I know it was the sodium.I wish I knew what kind of treatment I could use or get that would make it palatable to both drink and make ice out of.That wouldn't break the bank.Any ideas?filters?Magnets? etc.Which is best and how does it work?And what does it cost?Anyway,hang in there.I'm in the same boat.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:15 PM

well, i'm suspicious the frozen dinner diet won't work for me.i'm going to give it the full week but i;m not hopeful. i try not to weigh myself every day because anything can affect my weight and i can't take the drama. so i'll wait til tuesday for my answer.

btw, does anyone else find themselves spending way more time online here than quilting? something wrong with that? yes? no?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
well, i'm suspicious the frozen dinner diet won't work for me.i'm going to give it the full week but i;m not hopeful. i try not to weigh myself every day because anything can affect my weight and i can't take the drama. so i'll wait til tuesday for my answer.

btw, does anyone else find themselves spending way more time online here than quilting? something wrong with that? yes? no?
Oh YES! I sure do spend more time here than quilting!! I love it here and I have come to love you guys too!

I am so glad that I no longer have to weigh in 3 times a week. That was so hard emotionally. Now the surgeon only wants me weighing in every two weeks and that makes me very happy. It is not that I do not care or wonder about how much I have lost it is that I have spent so much time weighing in at the hospital over the last year that to not HAVE to go is a relief. Is that bad of me? I dunno.

I have been reading all the posts and I want you guys to know that as I read what each of you have written I am praying for you. I wish I knew of something magical to say that would make things better for you guys.

I do want to say that you guys are not alone in dealing with money issues. We are too. I have been on disability since 98 and although I bring in a good amount of money I tend to use most of mine now to help my mom and stepdad out with their bills and buying groceries and things like that.

We have been remodeling our house for what seems like ever and this weekend it seems to be coming to a place where our main floor is almost finished. UNFORTUNATELY, when we went to switch our new upstairs sofa and two chairs with the new downstairs sofa and two chairs we discovered that the sofa was so huge that we could not get it in our basement. UGH. So we had to remove about two feet of a wall that is at the base of the stair case. Yuck. Now we have to build another wall.

I have been spending my time this weekend in our kitchen downstairs trying to make it into our new quilting studio. It is so nice to no longer have a second kitchen in our house. I know that sounds weird but the second kitchen has only been used to hold our old fridge and all of the zillion 12-pack boxes from the soda we consume. Now there is no stove and most of the cabinets are out. FYI, so you won't be confused, we have a main floor with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a very large open kitchen/dining/family room. Downstairs we have a huge family room, kitchen, two master suites, master bathroom suite and four very large storage/closets. It is a huge house but we have found that opening the upstairs up by knocking down most of the walls has made it such a warm friendly area compared to before. We have done almost all of the work ourselves which has saved a ton of money. In our upstairs kitchen we are laying black granite ourselves which would have cost thousands and now only cost us a few hundred because of using granite tile and laying it ourselves.

I spent Thursday refolding my entire fabric stash. Now that is an absurd amount of fabric! I went through a year long period where I went to the LQS every payday and bought anywhere from 16-20 yards of fabric. Now how ridiculous is that? I am so embarrassed to say I did that. I have not done that in about 6 months.

We found that our local Target was literally getting rid of all their canvas bins/boxes for a dollar a piece and we bought all of them that they had. (about 20) Now I have all of my fabric all folded and sorted by color in those bins. They will go on shelving that my stepdad is going to put in there tomorrow. I hope, once I get it completed, that I can take some pictures of the room so you can see where I work.

We have a really nice size wall on one side that will be my design wall. I love having a design wall. We bought this awesome book some time back called How to Build Your Quilting Studio. It talks about the quilting triangle (sewing-cutting-pressing area) and working the rest of the room around that. I never thought of doing that so after I get it done I will let you know how that works.

Anyway...sorry for rambling. I hope you guys are doing well and know that I pray for all of you every single day.

Love,

Missy
Old 06-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Hey ya all how goes it? Don't beat yourselves up it's ok to have the weight go up and down not to worry it will level off. I am stuck a 4 pounds down for the last few days also. I am trying the spirtena also to see if it will help only doing once a day for a week. I want to work into it.
Gail
Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Gail what is spirtena??Today our temp was a fabulous 83* 10* cooler and it feels alot more than 10*. Finally my feet and ankles and hands are not as swollen as they have been.Missy My husband and I redid a 100+ yr. old house. We have been working on it for 20 yrs.The building part is done.We are still adding paneling and a chair rail.Also adding little goodies. such as a antique wooden ironing board that drops out of the wall.It's been alot of mess and hard work. But it looks so nice. We could never have such a nice home if we went out and just bought one. This house was moved in 3 pieces and we put it back together.New wiring,plumbing,sheetrock etc. So it is like new but looks very old. Everyone have a good evening Mary
Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM

ooops! we lost our internet and 2nd phone line halfway through my post this morning!lol

Well my class was good but those pieces are getting smaller and smaller each time she gives us next months blocks to do. Hopefully I can get caught up, but I am not the only one in class that has fallen behind!lol

Missy I would love to see pictures when you guys are all finished. I love to see what people creat when they remodel. We are still trying to finish up ours from when we bought it 15 years ago!

LeAnn I lived in Claskinine Oregon for a year have you ever heard of that? It is about 80 miles NW of Portland by the Columbia River.

Beth what part of Colorado are you in? We are up north by Fort Collins.

Well both sets of kids just left and hubby got called out to work. It is the first time I have had peace and quiet in days! I am going to work on my DJ blocks while I can. For some reason I can't sew when everyone is around. Is it wrong to be excited to be alone??? I better watch what I wish for!lol :lol: