why is school hard

Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 AM

chin up ! Just keep thinking about the end results. I'm an RN and I do remember those classes-I hated Psychology- When you are finished you will be able tostep into a world of Where would I like to work and who can I help?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 AM

Just apply a little reverse psychology, evert time you think I hate school , just say to yourself, I love learning!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 AM

I just went back after...oh, well, 25+ years..and have discovered that I could not have done it right out of high school. I have 3 quarters left and anxioulsy awaiting grades! Just finished finals this past week so in desperated need of some sewing time! Good luck, you will do great!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 AM

You can do it Redturtle!! It IS hard, but it WILL be worth it... After retiring from a 30-year teaching career, I went back to become a Physical Therapist Assistant... I loved the classroom, but became REALLY tired of grading papers, etc... soooo, new career. It was tough at times, but my sweet DH put up with me being gone (physically and mentally) a lot and now I'm working in my new career. Still learning so much every day, but loving every minute of it...

Hang in there!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

just dream of all the weird quilts you could make! then attend those classes!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 AM

Hang in there. It will get easier as you fall back into the study mode., Keep us posted, especially when you start to lag a little, we will keep encouraging you as long as it takes. Good luck
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Way to go! I went to college when I was in my 30's with a goal to graduate before I was 40. I got my diploma in English Literature just after I turned 38 and what a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Please keep us posted on your progress and be sure to have people around you who are positive encouragers. It might seem like a long road ahead of you, but you will feel so proud of yourself when you are finished. No words can describe it!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Hang in there---you can do it!!!!! Just give up stuff that you always wanted to give up but never had a good enough reason, like constant housework. I'm headed back for my 3rd degree this fall (teachers get paid based on their education) and I'm looking forward to that part---and being back in school. I love the challenge.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:20 PM

The first year I had my own classroom I was 57 years old. Hang in there. You will make it.