My hands hurt

Old 06-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Thanks.. I do eat a banana every day, but I am going to try the other suggestions here. I really like the rice & lavender heat treatment. Thank you all so much. I really learn a lot here.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 PM

Also try a heat pack at the base of your neck. When these muscles get tight or tense for an other word, that can effect the muscles in the arms all the way down to the finger tips. I speak from esperience. Good Luck!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM

in carpal tunnel, your hands don't cramp. the arm becomes unbelievable numb or simply tingles incessantly. there is pain but not in the hands. I've had the surgery on both hands and wow! it felt so much better even the moment I woke up from the surgery
Old 06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Also try slow easy stretches... my hands cramp and get very sore if I don't do this several times a day.
I like to use rice bags first to warm them up, and will also gently massage them :D:D:D
Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by nycquilter
in carpal tunnel, your hands don't cramp. the arm becomes unbelievable numb or simply tingles incessantly. there is pain but not in the hands. I've had the surgery on both hands and wow! it felt so much better even the moment I woke up from the surgery
Mine did...in fact, one cramped up like a claw that I couldn't "uncramp" for about an hour one morning. That's what drove me to the doctor. I also had the numbness and tingles. But, you're correct...surgery makes it all SO much better :)
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM

You didn't mention whether you tried resting your hands. Try that. It's extremely hard - I know because I'm supposed to be resting my hands and arms right now!

See a DR. A month is long enough to put up with pain in your hands.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM

It is mostly the first two finger on each hand. I will get the Dr. to check it out. I hope it isn't carpel tunnel. You all are fast in responding to my need.. thank you so much
Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by silverfox
It is mostly the first two finger on each hand. I will get the Dr. to check it out. I hope it isn't carpel tunnel. You all are fast in responding to my need.. thank you so much
Yep, I'd get to your Dr. If I'm remembering right, when things went numb (which with me was MOSTLY at night, it was the thumb, pointer, and middle fingers. I went YEARS like that, and, like I said, after my cramping incident, saw the doctor. I had the carpel tunnel surgery and can't imagine WHY I waiting so long. That surgery was the best thing I've ever done.

My sister had both of her hands done at the same time, and while I don't recommend that, she was pretty much over all of it in about a week...