Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Warning...don't organize your stash! >

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Warning...don't organize your stash!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Well I have read 13 pages of yall's post and I m ready to admit....I too am a fabriholic...!!! There...I said it....do i feel better.....Of course I do ...because I know ALL of yall are too....LOL....I'm so bad about collecting fabric that now I get excited when my husband gets a"spot" or little "tear" in one of his cotton plaid shirts...Of cource I have to hide my excitement while I impatiently wait for him to undress for bed so I can sneak the shirt and cut it up for my stash before getting caught..!!! WOW its such a challenge and gives me a "rush"...Everyday I'm hoping he will mess up another shirt....I try to encourage him to wear "certain" shirts because I "love" them sooooo much and they"look" soooo good on him..(ahhhahhaahhaahaha)well girls,,,,Happy Staching!!!!!1
Old 06-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Yep! I too have bought fabric and had a special quilt in mind, but never go around to doing it. Then I find myself picking another pattern and more fabric. Don't have too much though.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by pineneedles4
I give you this warning as a friend...Don't Organize your Stash! It might make you feel guilty. I decided yesterday to organize my stash. I wanted to put all of the batiks together, the cottons together and fabric for sewing clothes together. Well, while in the process of sorting...I kept coming across bags that held complete quilt kits or fabric for quilts with the pattern that I had picked out. I found 16 different quilt kits plus two quilt tops! (I'm going to take a wild guess that I MUST enjoy the planning process more than the actual sewing process...or at least this is what the evidence is pointing to...but I LOVE the sewing process...could it be that I just LOVE it all a little too much?) These are complete, ready to make with the patterns and most of them even had the quilt backing with them! Four were cut out and three were partially sewn! I also found the pattern and fabric for a new apron, the pattern and fabric for a bow-tuck purse, and the fabric for three different table toppers! So....I am banning myself from the fabric/quilt shops until I have completed at least half of these items!

I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric, I will not buy fabric!

I am not a fabriholic...I can quit anytime....I will not buy fabric!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
unfortunately, in order for this mantra to work you must prick your finger with the quilting needle each time. after one or two pricks i had to give up and put a bandaid on before i could leave the house for my lqs. :mrgreen: oh, well. :lol: good luck. see you on the next reality show "quilter's gone mad". :thumbup:
Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 AM

I must be freak. I love quilting and I am always looking at new patterns to start before I finish the one I'm working on. But the one thing I can't bring myself to buy fabric that I don't have a plan for. I love to drowl over fabric but I can't pull the trigger and buy it.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:15 AM

You could always post the ufo so we could buy and finish lol Then you could continue buying!!! I find so mnuch new fabrics and ideas and I do buy more than actually quilting.
Gosh did I just admit that :lol:
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by DebQuilter50
I have stash envy. Right now it would take me less than a minute to organize. Or maybe its quilt envy or fabric envy. I am on my way to Paducah on the way home from vacation so I plan to help keep the quilting industry going for those of you who say no more buying. (P.S. I can tell this is an addiction that does not go away, so I think we will all continue to buy, buy, buy!)
one of my sons moved back in so I was moving my sewing stuff out of guest room. (I like it better actually in my bedroom corner). Had put away a stack of half squares at xmas and have been searching for them. well in the moving process checked lthe inside of an old expanding sewing kit. Yup..there they were. now i have to finish that. giggle
Old 06-12-2011, 02:01 PM

We can only wish/hope/dream that we stick to our Mantras lol....I will NOT buy more fabric..I WILL NOT buy....
Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 PM

I can see that we all are terrific tale tellers.....
Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM

One good thing about organizing fabric is coming across kits, and special fabric we forgot about. Whether it gets you fired up to start a project is another story.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 PM

You'll have to go to the quilt shop because you will be missing one thing and then you won't be able to stop yourself. We love fabric and want to do so many things. I always say I'll have to live to be 200 yrs old to finish all I have to do already. Good Luck. Hope your better than I am. Sue