Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite Quilting Magazine? >

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Old 06-12-2011, 03:48 PM

Quilter' World. Subscribe but considering an on-line subscription to access past issues. I like most of the projects they show and, as a newbie, I feel comfortable with the directions. Working on a set of placemats for GS and GDIL for Christmas. I like having hard copies to go through over and over but beginning to accumulate too many. Hate to give them up.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM

My favorites would have to be American Patchwork and Quilting and Australian Patchwork and Quilting when I can get it. I usually pick them up at the bookstore when I see something in it that looks interesting. Have a subscription to Fons and Porters but am not renewing it - nothing much interesting in them any more.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
Quilts and More is the only one I buy on a consistent basis...the next would be Quilt...and I just started getting the new Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine by subscription...liked everything in the first issue so thought I would...it only comes out 4x a year...and saved over buying the issues at the stand.
I buy every issue of Quilts and More. I like it because, as the title states it's more than just quilts (bags,pillows, etc). I wish the magazine had a subscription service, because I would sure subscribe to it.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical
Quilting Arts is my favorite because of all of the creative ideas. Fons and Porter magazines have been super helpful with my learning because they are so easy to follow. Since finding this board with all of the information and tutorials, I don't often buy a magazine anymore. They don't give wonderful feedback and support like the quilters here. At first, I bought every one I could find. :)
Quilting Arts is also my favorite and I haven't even seen it yet by my DH ordered it for me for my birthday taking into consideration both my interest in art and my interest in quilting. It made me so happy that he really took the time to consider my interests when he ordered this gift.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 PM

I actually have several
1: QUILTERS HOME
2: FABRIC TRENDS FOR QUILTERS
3: FONDS AND PORTER LOVE OF QUILTING
4: McCALLS QUILTIN

I love em all !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:09 AM

With all the patterns and such available on the net, I like The Quilt Life. It is a relief to me to actually read about quilters around the world and people doing specific techniques rather than looking at a mag with 12 more patterns.

Of course, I've never been much of a magazine reader. I like something I can really "sink my teeth into", not snippets of text (and in quilt mags, often the same text over and over again) interspersed between a multitude of advertisements.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 AM

I subscribe to a few but American Patchwork & Quilting and McCall's Quilting are my favorite.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 AM

I do not subscribe to any...only pick them up when they have articles on crazy quilting...which isn't very often.
I have my own article published in Pat Winter's magazine:
"Crazy Quilt Gatherings" it's published on demand so you can go to her web site and order a copy....
Her web site is fun also...
http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/
Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 AM

Better homes and Garden quilts. I have dropped all my subscriptions as they come due. I look at magazines on the shelves and decide or I look at some that are brought to my guild and then if it has something of interest I buy the magazine. I also take my magazines to my weekly guild and offer them as give aways if I don't care for any of the patterns in them that month. Jan
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM

AP & Q is my fav but I still like Quilt and McCalls. Love the Aussie mags too

Most of them all look alike now, I just laugh when I see all their "designer" or "original patterns"
How MANY MORE ways can you put rectangles, strips or squares together ?? "Original" 9-Patch designs ?? Square in a square ?? "Original" star designs ? LOL :roll: