Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do with finished quilts? >

What do you do with finished quilts?

What do you do with finished quilts?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 AM

"finished quilt"??? What's that?

%-}
Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 AM

I am just starting my quilt "pile"... they will go to my son and daughter-in-law until they yell "stop" ... then I will find a local charity ... never an end for quilt-giving.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM

Mine hang on the railing at the top of my staircase, or are folded on chairs, or drape over other quilts until I decide where to put them. My DH is going to make 4 identical blanket chests. Then I will divide them for my children.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Baby quilts I make for gifts and for sale, larger quilts I make for our church bazaar which is held in July and a lot are made for charity.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:09 AM

Most quilts I make already have a home before I start them. Like many of the other members, I put the "just because" quilts out on beds/chairs/couches, one of my kids or grandkids will lay claim eventually. I only have about 8 quilts in my house ... the others have found homes over the years.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:17 AM

I send mine to where ever they are needed most important, like the people in Joplin they need them as, they lost everything and would appreicate this very much. There are so many of our people in the U>S>A that need some loving and caring. This is just one way to help them get warm or feel loved.
Janet Preimesberger
Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I donate to charity.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:21 AM

I generally have a purpose in mind when I begin a quilt. Most of my quilts have been gifts to family members. I have 10 quilts in my house that are used as bed covers, wall hangings, tablecloth, and throws. I make some for Hospice and I want to make some for our Humane Society
Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I have a big family so many to give too. I make for Quilts for Kids and the women at my church just keep having babies. Thank you Lord for many reasons to make quilts!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Like MYMR in Mt Juliet, TN I gave, not a quilt, but a tablerunner to one of my medical school classmates for her birthday last month. Have not seen her in 20 years, but know she has had a difficult year, so just sat down and made this double Irish chain runner in yellows with even fussy cuts (my first attempt). She was sooo surprised she wrote me three long paragraphs about how much this meant to her and the colors were her favorites.

I'll tell ya, my friend's appreciation was nothing compared to the joy I received at her delight!

FREE Quilting Newsletter